Which chip set is better?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Is the exynos 2100 or the snapdragon 888 chip set better? Is there really a difference? I'm interested in the s21 plus, and can get one from B&H but they only have the exynos in stock.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Short answer, Qualcomm. Long answer, it doesn't really matter, but there are a lot of things to consider. For example, I wouldn't trade my dual-SIM support for the marginally better gaming performance of the Qualcomm.

I'd recommend going for the variant which is meant for your region due to radio support and the functionality of certain services.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Snapdragon is better for raw performance but the 2100 has really caught up the biggest amount of recent chips. Go by region though for network compatibility

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as region, I'm in New England, USA. That's suppose to be a snapdragon area so I thought. But B&H is selling the exynos phones and they don't have all the T-mobile bands. I almost ordered one but caught the print.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As far as region, I'm in New England, USA. That's suppose to be a snapdragon area so I thought. But B&H is selling the exynos phones and they don't have all the T-mobile bands. I almost ordered one but caught the print.
Good you read that , yeah stick with the snapdragon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel like different users will have different opinions on this matter. I had the Snapdragon S10 and loved it - whereas some prefer Exynos.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok decision made. I'm skipping the Sony Xperia 1iii and went with the Samsung galaxy s21 ultra. Ordered it yesterday from T-mobile. 12gig 256 storage. Should be here tomorrow. I made my final decision based on updates. Sammy has the longest. 3 years for system, and 4 years for security. That future proofs this phone for a while.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok decision made. I'm skipping the Sony Xperia 1iii and went with the Samsung galaxy s21 ultra. Ordered it yesterday from T-mobile. 12gig 256 storage. Should be here tomorrow. I made my final decision based on updates. Sammy has the longest. 3 years for system, and 4 years for security. That future proofs this phone for a while.

That's so awesome that you made a purchasing decision! Happy Phone Day! Let us know when your S21 Ultra arrives, and how you are liking it!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I know I've got to spend some time getting this thing set up, but so far I'm a little angry. For some reason, setting up the fingerprint reader is proving troublesome. It read my index finger (not very easily), but will not read my thumbs. Keeps saying press harder, move finger. Hey, this is my 5th phone with a fingerprint reader and the previous devices were a breeze to set up. I'll try my luck at face unlock after it charges.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, so my new snapdragon galaxy s21 ultra is all set up. So far it's all that it's cracked up to be with a huge exception. THE FINGERPRINT READER SUCKS. It took me over half an hour to register 3 fingerprints. And when unlocking, I have to be directly over the reader and press a bit hard and hope it'll work. Most of the time, I've got to use 2 hands. So I'm using face unlock which had worked fine. Haven't tried the cameras out yet, so no comments on it. Speed is terrific, but honestly, it's not that much better than my ZTE AXON 10 Pro. That one read fingerprints instantly and zero issues setting up.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yea finger print scanner on the S21 is not the best, especially if you have a screen protector on.
I would suggest do some research on it, several people have some ideas, and things to make it better.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor is usually solid for me. I have noticed it doesn't work very well when my thumb is very dry... Like if I've been handling dishwasher detergent...

I wonder if the people who have trouble have very dry skin?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor is usually solid for me. I have noticed it doesn't work very well when my thumb is very dry... Like if I've been handling dishwasher detergent...

I wonder if the people who have trouble have very dry skin?
Possible, when I have a hard time I try to moisturizer

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I got mine at T-mobile since they are my carrier anyway and paying, interest free for 24 months saved me from digging into my savings account. Also it's much easier to go to a tmobile store if I have any issues that having to pack up the phone and mail it back to B&H. I do like them and have bought items from them in the past. Well, now on day 3, and I'm liking it more and more. I won't mention the positives because there are so many, but here are 2 negatives. As I've stated before, the fingerprint scanner could be better. It's a little more accurate so maybe it's "breaking in". And the heft of the phone is something that I'll have to get use to. I'm also very dissapointed with samsung taking out the sd card slot. I've got the 256gb and after putting all of my data including high resolution music, and HD movies, it's already 47% full.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I got mine at T-mobile since they are my carrier anyway and paying, interest free for 24 months saved me from digging into my savings account. Also it's much easier to go to a tmobile store if I have any issues that having to pack up the phone and mail it back to B&H. I do like them and have bought items from them in the past. Well, now on day 3, and I'm liking it more and more. I won't mention the positives because there are so many, but here are 2 negatives. As I've stated before, the fingerprint scanner could be better. It's a little more accurate so maybe it's "breaking in". And the heft of the phone is something that I'll have to get use to. I'm also very dissapointed with samsung taking out the sd card slot. I've got the 256gb and after putting all of my data including high resolution music, and HD movies, it's already 47% full.
Yeah for some the lack of SD card is an issue. Glad I have 512GB on my S10+

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Right, my ZTE axon 10 pro has 256gb on board, and SD card expansion. It really is a great phone. Build quality same a samsung. I'd say the only thing, besides the lack of expansion, was the cameras. On the ZTE, outdoor or bright light pics were great. But indoor low light were just ok. And zoom wasn't great. But I never went below 65% on battery, and it worked flawlessly.