Which Phone to Get? LG G4, Nexus 6P, or Samsung Galaxy S6?

FalkirkEagle

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a new phone after my BlackBerry Passport basically fell apart after one year and two months of service.

Last weekend I was in a Telus store and had a chance to play with a LG G4, and a Samsung Galaxy S6, but not a Nexus 6P, and after researching specs and features online, I'm down to looking at buying one of these three phones.

Right off the bat, I found I really liked the Samsung S6 a lot. Gorgeous, vibrant display, snappy performance and a decent camera, although sadly it lacks microSD card support. The LG G4 was also quite good, with a decent display and an even better camera than the S6. It also offers a removable battery and a microSD card slot.

The Nexus 6P is getting good marks from reviewers, but not having had a chance to sample one in person, I can't say how it stacks up.

Won't be buying another BlackBerry, for obvious reasons. The Priv costs too much for what you get. Very disappointed that a phone like the Passport, which is billed as a premium device, didn't last all that long. Plus, I don't think that BlackBerry's hardware division is going to last much longer unless the Priv does phenomenally well in terms of sales and market share.

So, faced with this kind of choice, what kind of phone would you go with, and why?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing the LG V10 isn't an option for you then. I got to check out one when I bought my Note 5 from a gentleman I know and that phone really piqued my interest with the dual screen and the bars on the side of the phone.

The Galaxy S6 is a solid choice. I personally only went away from it because my hands never grew accustomed to the ergonomic difference between the Note and S series. Granted it doesn't have the removable battery or expandable memory, but it's still an amazing phone. I barely put a dent in my 64 GB, and I'm a heavy non Cloud user.

My biased opinion, though. I have tried quite a few phones but always come home to Samsung.

Have you considered the Moto X Pure 2015?

Posted via the Sapphire Doom Note 5

FalkirkEagle

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I ended up opting for the LG G4. So far, in the single day I've had it, it has proven to be a pretty nice phone. I wanted to get the Galaxy S6, but it cost too much and doesn't support microSD cards. My carrier isn't yet offering the Nexus 6P, and again, it offers no microSD card support.

Compared to my BlackBerry Passport, the G4 feels incredibly light and compact. Sound quality is just a hair below that of the Passport, so it's an acceptable trade-off.

My carrier also isn't offering the Moto X Pure (I don't think any of the carriers in Canada are), and the Moto X Play that was on offer had only 16GB of on-board storage

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Nexus 6P and am very happy with my choice. I've got friends who have the S6 and the G4.

They're solid phones, no doubt. Plusses and minuses to each of them. In the end, I wanted to get away from carrier bloat, tampered with OS, and I wanted immediate updates.

It's crazy fast with excellent battery life and a really good camera.