Which pixel?

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Need a phone now. Can't wait for the 8. Three options for open box pixels available at my local Best Buy unlocked (where I have a $550 gift card):

7a for $375
7 for $480
7 pro for $615

All are snow colored.

I use the phone for a lot of email and messaging, reading, listening to audiobooks, watching some baseball games (not super often) etc. I don't have a tablet. This is my only mobile device.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: Morty2264

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
I have nothing but good things to say about my 7a. The size is what i really like. I'll keep this phone until google starts making smaller phones again. For me, it's 6.1" or less. Maybe they'll make a 10a or an 11a. I'm good until then.

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all the ideas and advice. I did pick up the open box 7a. I was torn between it and the 7 pro. I still have the 14 days to decide. The pro was appealing for all the pro features (battery life, nicer screen) and because it's my only device, maybe the bigger screen would be better. But like Danny0311, the 6.1 size feels really good to me. Don't know if I'd like the bigger size. I also like the price of the 7a.

Thanks again.

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
Google did such a good job with the 7a, it may have brought down sales of the 7. How's that for irony. Doing too good of a job, may have cost google some money. Keep your eyes open. If they permanently discontinue the "a" line, i believe that it proves that they care more about money, than they do about people(their fan base & customers). Starting to sound like Apple? :unsure:

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Update: after a few days with the open box 7a I began to notice faint images on the screen when there was a white background. The images occured in multiple different apps and situations. I came to the conclusion that there was some sort of screen burn-in or other issue with it. (It was a used phone, after all). It wasn't something I was willing to live with.
When I returned it, I noticed that Google had dropped the 7 pro to $650 (for a new unused unit). I had the money to cover it so I decided to give it a try. I can always go back to the 7a (within the return window) if it is too big.
And I think that 7a might be the last open-box phone I buy.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Hopefully you enjoy your new Pixel 7 Pro ... I think you made the right move and that is why I usually don't like to buy open box phones.. I'd rather pay a couple extra dollars find a deal on a new phone...

Reactions: J Dubbs

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Update: after a few days with the open box 7a I began to notice faint images on the screen when there was a white background. The images occured in multiple different apps and situations. I came to the conclusion that there was some sort of screen burn-in or other issue with it. (It was a used phone, after all). It wasn't something I was willing to live with.
When I returned it, I noticed that Google had dropped the 7 pro to $650 (for a new unused unit). I had the money to cover it so I decided to give it a try. I can always go back to the 7a (within the return window) if it is too big.
And I think that 7a might be the last open-box phone I buy.
My wife has the 7 Pro. Awesome phone.

Reactions: J Dubbs

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Agree completely. Not the phone's fault. I did enjoy the 7a. I'm going to give this 7 pro a chance. I still have the two week return window to try to get used to the bigger size... if I find it's too big, back to the 7a.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej