Which to buy???

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Switching to Verizon. Looking at pixel 3 xl, z4, s10 plus, and a50. Important things are battery life, ease of use and speed that doesn't slow down. Heard pixel has issues. Heard Samsung's slow down after 6 months.

What do you recommend? Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Every device is going to have issues. But here is something else to consider: How many people go on discussion boards like ours just to say everything is fine? Not many. I have had the Pixel 1, and currently using the 3. I liked them both.

In regard to battery life, how do you use your device?

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Every device is going to have issues. But here is something else to consider: How many people go on discussion boards like ours just to say everything is fine? Not many. I have had the Pixel 1, and currently using the 3. I liked them both.

In regard to battery life, how do you use your device?
Mostly calls via Bluetooth and email.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Sit down and write you priorities and weight them. Then look at the reviews of the various cell phones. Then you compare prices and look for deals. Then you decide what is best for you. I can't no more suggest than I could pick a wife for you. None of those you listed are diseased hookers so they're all in the running depending on what you value.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using my Pixel XL, but I'm looking to upgrade now. I'm interested in the Pixel 4, but was thinking about the Pixel 3 XL. One of the best features IMO is the fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone, which the 4 does away with. Is it worth waiting for the 4 to come out, since we're getting close, or do I save some cash and get the 3 now?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Counter consideration, the Pixel 3a? almost everything the Pixel has but a fair amount cheaper.
I would agree that if battery life is a concern the 3a has the regular 3 beat and with the 3a XL you don't get a notch. You still get the great software experience, camera and rear FP sensor. The main reason I would get the 3 or 3XL over the 3a or 3a XL is that the processing on pictures is a little faster and if wireless charging is desired. Otherwise if the deal keeps the price close and you don't need top of the line specs, I don't think you can go wrong with the 3a. I got one for my kid a few weeks ago and it's serving her very well. She's not easy on the battery either and it lasts all day. During a light use day I have no problem getting through with my Pixel 3 but most work days I top it off on the way home.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Switching to Verizon. Looking at pixel 3 xl, z4, s10 plus, and a50. Important things are battery life, ease of use and speed that doesn't slow down. Heard pixel has issues. Heard Samsung's slow down after 6 months.

What do you recommend? Thanks

I'm still using a pixel 1 that I picked up on clearance brand new dirt cheap, it's running Android 10 flawlessly...has the most recent security update, and I plan on keeping it for at least one more year. Out of your list I would lean towards the Samsung's..... the pixel 3's have had and are still having a ton of different problems, and Motorola offers horrible support for their phones. The only way I would buy a Moto phone was if it was on a hugely discounted sale price. Plus they've discontinued the Moto Mods.

Buy a Samsung or pixel 3a.....or wait for the pixel 4 and pick one up when the price goes down if it's any good, which is what I'm probably going to do ;-)