While WhatsApp voice messages i get the default ringtone playing with the message

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I get a voice note/message from someone in WhatsApp. When I play the message, there would be a beep sound (default ringtone) playing at the same time and the same duration as the message, I can hear the message. But the notification sound mixing in is annoying. All other sounds and actions of the phone is as per normal. So this only happens when I actually PLAY the WhatsApp message. Almost as if the sender recorded this and sent it. But they did not

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Does this only happen the first time you open the message or every time any message is played?

Is it one specific sender or any sender?

What device do you have?

Have you cleared the cache for WhatsApp by going to Settings>Applications>WhatsApp>Storage>Clear cache?

Is there any condition that you've found where the message plays normally? After a restart, after completely closing and opening the app, with the screen brightness at 20%? Anything you can think of?

Let us know what you find. If you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies, please create an account. This link will help you do that.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html