white screen green htc logo

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it might have something to do with the htc widgets.

I downloaded the htc battery widget then tried to uninstall in clicked back until I got back to the home screen and I got the dreaded white screen and loading again. I am so upset, I don't know what to do really. The guy said he would call me back tomorrow, I'll let him know. And ps I only downloaded 2 apps from the market. Handcent and gochat, everything else on the phone is what came loaded with it.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Testing it to see if it was that so I downloaded the daily challenge one and uninstalled it clicked back til I got back home and same thing happened

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Try going to to manage apps and then click sense and clear DATA, it will reset all of your homescreens to factory but it should stop the issue...if not then idk what to tell you

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That is the usual easy answer, a hard reset.

It depends on the program. But yeah for example lets use Angry Birds...
You are playing the game and in a level. Hitting back, menu or pause brings up the pause screen. From here you can hit back again, or the list button to back to the level select screen, then hit back again and back again on the main screen. At this point it asks if you want to quit and you click yes. This actually exits the program, hitting home just leaves the game running in the background and while I've had it close before after an extended period of time like this; it still for that period of time using resources for no reason. Doing this with enough apps will cause the ram to tank and things to force close.

It is in comparison to say using your computer and pausing a game then opening up a movie for 2 hours. You'll notice a slow down for sure and the computer will run harder, open something else and it will probably stall etc.

This may not be the answer and I could be way off base. But makes the most sense to me right now.

Another thing I have read is that widgets have to be running in the background and can significantly drain battery life. I have at most 8 widgets on two of my home screens. These are my absoluted necessay widgets. Other then that, I go to the "all apps" and pick an app to run from that.

I do rin a task killer, I run ATK or advanced task killer. The latest updates show many of the system apps as "ignored" bt ATK. I also have ATK set to generally not show many system apps in the first place. I have ATK auto kill every hour which effectively stops any apps that I don't want running. For example those stupid stock apps that insist on turning on even though I don't use them or want to use them. I have tried to stop the stock visual voicemail program from auto running but I have yet to see that option.

As soon as I got my evo shift, I removed all stock widgets off all of the screens and put my top 8 on instead. I have downloaded many apps off the maket with the normal care, not flippantly. I have had no white screen problems. In fact, this phone is one of the fastes and best phones I've had. HTC generally makes good quality products.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of that I took the widgets that I don't use of my homescreens, I am only using 3 homescreens and my phone has been fine since.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien