white screen green htc logo

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
OK I am new to sprint, just got this evo shift Saturday the 19th and i love this phone. i have nothing bad to say about it. i only have 1 small issue. whenever i'm in an app, internet or game and click to go back home, i get a white screen with the green htc logo and then it goes to my home screen and says loading for about 20 seconds then its fine. i read somewhere else online that said to download the spareparts app and change the settings from aggressive to normal, did that and it stopped doing it for about a day then the next day it was doing it again. i rebooted the phone and it stopped for a while then started again. it doesn't do it everytime i am in an app it only does it when I am playing a game for along time or in the internet too long. anybody else have this problem. i was chatting with sprint customer care yesterday and he was gonna do something to the phone from his line and told me to take the battery out, but then i lost my internet connection and we got disconnected

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It definitely shouldn't be doing that. That white screen is your boot screen so every time you leave an App your phone is probably thinking it is rebooting. Something is amiss with the os install or an app you've installed is conflicting. Since you are still within your 30 days I'd take it to a store with a help center and have them look at it/look into exchanging it for another shift.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
That's definitely a force close. Its most likely a widget or your wallpapers I would change the wallpaper first then I would start removing widgets one at a time till I found the one causing the issue.

>>>---Beep---Beep---Speedy---Beep-->

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen a couple times buts it seems to be more my fault like trying to do too many things at once and the phone goes gimme 4 secs and I'll b ready and then its fine again.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Another thing it does is after its finished "loading" and I go in my app drawer, all of the apps I downloaded aren't there and then they all start loading at once.

No to live wallpaper. I downloaded some live wallpapers, but deleted them after this started happening.

I will most likely go to the store today and see if they can trouble shoot it or if I can get a new shift.

about 95% of my widgets on my phone are the HTC or Android widgets that came on the phone already so I don't think its that.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen a couple times buts it seems to be more my fault like trying to do too many things at once and the phone goes gimme 4 secs and I'll b ready and then its fine again.

is it still doing it? did you take it back or just leave it the way it was?

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
The reason your apps aren't in your tray right after the crash is that android is re-reading your SD card. There should be a little notification that it is doing it.

To truly trouble shoot the problem, start by removing all widgets from all of your home screens. Then add them back one at a time and wait for the crash. It may be that a certain widget is causing the problem, it might be that a certain number of widgets is causing the problem. HTC loads up all of your home screens out of the box, so there is a lot of stuff you can remove.

It is possible your phone is defective, but far more likely that there is a piece of software causing your trouble.

smartphoney

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The reason your apps aren't in your tray right after the crash is that android is re-reading your SD card. There should be a little notification that it is doing it.
I have this same problem on a regular basis and I get no notification that my SD card is being read.

I thought the slow loading of the home screen and slow re-populating of the apps list was caused by a cache issue based on something I read on another thread. So I downloaded an app that allowed me to regularly clear the cache of all my apps and I thought that had solved the problem but it seems I'm still having this issue on a regular basis. I'll experiment by removing stuff from my home screen but I must say I find the lag to be very frustrating. Do I need to remove stuff from all screens or just my default?

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
You might also have a bum SD card, or if you replaced it, you might have put a slow one in.

Removing extra crap you don't need is a great way to keep things moving, but the phone should have the power to handle a busy set of home screens.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
You might also have a bum SD card, or if you replaced it, you might have put a slow one in.

I am using the SD card that came with the phone, but I am going to the school tomorrow and gonna get a replacement.

I spoke to Sprint chat and she had me turn my phone off for about a minute and reset it from her side. It stopped for a while, but came back and I think it only stopped because I turned my phone on/off. I hope the new one I get won't act up.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This is common "decfect" it happens to me..there's really nothing to worry about...once it starts giving you the force close alert (like my old hero would do) long press the search sensor and search "manage apps" and clear htc sense...but you're not getting that so you have nothing to worry about

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm going back to the store to exchange it today for another one. It started last nightg doing it whenever I left any app. I changed the scenes to see if it was a widget on my home screen like someone suggested and I went into the internet and probably not even 5 mins later I clicked the home screen and it did it again. Don't see myself paying all this money for the phone & a phone bill for a phone that acts up. So I'm hoping the new one won't do this.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please tell me why this is happening? I went and got an exchange today, have been very careful about what I downloaded from the market. I downloaded the htc battery widget, then I found a different one on the market so I went to uninstall the htc one and when I pressed the home button it did it, omg. I really do love this phone, but to keep dealing with this. Idk anymore.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help you, you're the first person I've seen have this issues...and with two phones.

Is the battery widget all you installed when you got the new phone? List them all.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
clear the data in htc sense not just the cache, but clearing the data will set it back to the way it looked when you first got the phone!