Whitestone Dome for the Ultra has Blue Light Cut ?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Because the amount of UV is minuscule compared to the amount generated by the sun that the advantage of curing outside is... letting it cure out in the sun for 30 minutes would be like curing it with a up light bulb for 30 days.

I'm not clear on what the advantage would be to let it sit in the sun verses applying more UV light curing time.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm not clear on what the advantage would be to let it sit in the sun verses applying more UV light curing time.

One shot at uniform curing at a faster pace, rather than pushing the button several times. In my own experience, the screen protector seemed to adhere better after being in the sun, the day after I applied the protector. But, thats just me, what do I know 🤷*♂️

ctuna1

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Note 20 ultra comes with Victus glass one beyond gorilla glass 6 so is it being paranoid to put on screen protector?
Although Samsung's new phones share the same core specs, there are visible differences between them. The Note 20 Ultra 5G has a bigger 6.9-inches screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz and perhaps that's why it's the only one to get the Gorilla Glass Victus. It covers both sides of the phone.
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sam...ld-2-will-sport-Gorilla-Glass-Victus_id126132

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Note 20 ultra comes with Victus glass one beyond gorilla glass 6 so is it being paranoid to put on screen protector?
Although Samsung's new phones share the same core specs, there are visible differences between them. The Note 20 Ultra 5G has a bigger 6.9-inches screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz and perhaps that's why it's the only one to get the Gorilla Glass Victus. It covers both sides of the phone.
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sam...ld-2-will-sport-Gorilla-Glass-Victus_id126132

From same article, "As great as that sound, the Victus is not invincible, and bits of dirt and metal inside your pocket and handbag could still lead to a scratch"... so if you are trying to avoid scratches that would irritate you, like myself, then that' why you'd still use a protector. JerryRiggs video also shows in his scratch test that the new glass really didn't improve much in scratch level.

Also, even though they say the new glass can withstand a higher drop, remember those stats are their standard stats based on test from a flat piece of glass flush against a test phone's frame with a thickness not mentioned in article. We don't know if Samsung used a thinner spec glass to save weight and more importantly, when you bend the glass like Samsung has with the curved edges, the rating is out the window because you weaken the glass when you bend it and the glass is now more "proud" meaning it sticks out beyond the frame exposing itself to more direct contact if dropped.

Always glad to hear when your phone is using the latest and greatest and hope it helps your phone get a better chance of surviving the next time you drop it. But it's not that huge a step where you can toss using a case or that breaks still wont happen at 3 feet with an unlucky drop.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
From same article, "As great as that sound, the Victus is not invincible, and bits of dirt and metal inside your pocket and handbag could still lead to a scratch"... so if you are trying to avoid scratches that would irritate you, like myself, then that' why you'd still use a protector. JerryRiggs video also shows in his scratch test that the new glass really didn't improve much in scratch level.

Also, even though they say the new glass can withstand a higher drop, remember those stats are their standard stats based on test from a flat piece of glass flush against a test phone's frame with a thickness not mentioned in article. We don't know if Samsung used a thinner spec glass to save weight and more importantly, when you bend the glass like Samsung has with the curved edges, the rating is out the window because you weaken the glass when you bend it and the glass is now more "proud" meaning it sticks out beyond the frame exposing itself to more direct contact if dropped.

Always glad to hear when your phone is using the latest and greatest and hope it helps your phone get a better chance of surviving the next time you drop it. But it's not that huge a step where you can toss using a case or that breaks still wont happen at 3 feet with an unlucky drop.
I have seen no evidence that curved glass is weaker because of the bend itself. That would depend entirely on how the bend was formed. The bend does make it more prone to breaking because of the exposed surface area of the curve as opposed to flat glass.