Whitestone Dome on Note 9

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The install of my WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector went without hitch.

Viewed various tutorials including Flossy's and allowed plenty of time to do it.

Germanguy#AC

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I can see glue all the way along both sides underneath the Whitestone. It is very noticeable in certain lighting. It's not right at the edge bit a few mm away from the edge underneath the protector. Is this a known problem?
f1ccbe538b1f37a1bcf78da5dfcc5628.jpg

Last edited:

Samahir Hussein

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I installed the first of my two protectors without issues, but after a couple of hours of use the protector started to separate from the phone at the bottom and form lines and bubble-like shapes underneath, just similar to what you are having here. Same thing had happened with my note 8 previously but the separation area remained very small. Unfortunately this time with my note 9, the separation kept growing in size, so I eventually removed the protector and installed the second one, again without issues. I cured the glass for at least double the time this time. I am now waiting to see if the same problem will appear again. If it happens, I might have to look for a different type of screen protector.

posservice

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I can see glue all the way along both sides underneath the Whitestone. It is very noticeable in certain lighting. It's not right at the edge bit a few mm away from the edge underneath the protector. Is this a known problem?
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180926/f1ccbe538b1f37a1bcf78da5dfcc5628.jpg
This happened to me as well and exactly as pictured after almost 4 weeks of being installed. I installed the 2nd one and sent warranty request to Whitestone.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Video looks easy for white stone dome so I ordered it for a spare, however with my eyes I know better! Now looking for an expert install in the Peoria Illinois area. ANYONE!

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Video looks easy for white stone dome so I ordered it for a spare, however with my eyes I know better! Now looking for an expert install in the Peoria Illinois area. ANYONE!
Watch Flossy Carter's video on the install. I did two of these and they were perfect and I am not very good at installing screen protectors.

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I have it on mine. That's because I'm looking for it. Doesn't bother me too much. I try to keep my OCD in check.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180926/f1ccbe538b1f37a1bcf78da5dfcc5628.jpg

Same thing happend to me and I eneded up installing the second one that came in the original box and 3 weeks later the same thing. I'm going to install the replacement they sent hoping my first purchase was just a bad batch, if not this will be the last time buying from Whitestone.

posservice

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happend to me and I eneded up installing the second one that came in the original box and 3 weeks later the same thing. I'm going to install the replacement they sent hoping my first purchase was just a bad batch, if not this will be the last time buying from Whitestone.
This has happened to me with 3 of them on the Note 9. They last about 3 weeks and then this happens on the edges. They know they have an issue but haven't admitted it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397