Who came from an iPhone ? Thoughts ?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Android to Apple last year and could not wait to get back to an Android phone.
I just switched to the Pixel XL from a 6s Plus. The two main frustrations with iOS was Siri and notification tones. My alarm system tone, for example, would sound like any other notification on the iPhone with no way to change it. Some apps had the option to change inside of the app settings, most did not. I use different tones to tell me if I need to look at my phone or if it can wait. Siri is equal to the dumb blonde that spent high school on her back only being useful for a couple things.
What I was not expecting is how much faster the pixel is over the iPhone and the camera being substantially better.
I do miss the 3D Touch I thought I would never use it but used it all of the time. Other than that I do not miss anything on the iPhone. The pixel has something similar but it is limited use for all but google apps.
For the last several years I have upgraded every year. This is the first phone I have been this satisfied with ever. I see me keeping it for years and I am truly glad I went with the 128 Gb version.
Awesome to hear you're happy with the pixel. It is an insane Android device that for whatever reason has a somewhat bad rap. To me it's an iPhone without iMessage, but with the awesome customization of Android.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
You will take a hit. The IP7+ has epic battery life. I picked up a Pixel XL used on Swappa about a week ago. At first, the battery drain was brutal. Had trouble making it through a day with moderate usage. It seems to have settled down over the past couple of days and now will comfortably last a typical work day for me. But it's no IP7+. I could often go 18 hours of a workday with tons of email, browsing, some music and/or video and end up at 45 to 50%. I personally like to have that all in reserve so I am still struggling with whether to keep the Pixel. I do prefer the Pixel overall to the IP7+ probably just because it's new to me. My rough guess would be your Pixel is going to end up 20 to 20% lower than an IP7+ comparing apples to apples.

I could get the same. The ip7 + had a beastly battery life. Still switched to Pixel, and it'll last me all day if I'm moderate with useage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky