Who needs the memo function?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
When you press the top button on the back it opens the memo app. Maybe its just me, but does the memo app seem all that useful? I can think of very few times where I've wanted to quickly jot something down. Hopefully that button can be reassigned to something that each person might find more useful.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I imagine that if you have voice-to-text activated, it could be handy as a to-do list, and allow the busy person to just immediately open to the QuickMemo app, dictate an item to do, then pocket the phone, instead of unlocking the phone, tapping whichever memo or task app you might use, then typing your note or activating voice from there.

If you can't reassign the button function in the stock system, you just know someone will come up with an app to do it, or figure out how to do it while rooted.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised the amount of times I used Q Memo when I had my Optimus g, writing numbers down on calls, reference numbers, email addresses etc... Useful function imo.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It really depends what you are using the phone for I guess, if in a business setting I could see it being fairly useful coming out of a meeting, opening the memo pad while you quickly tell it what to jot down.

That said I am sure the button can be re-assigned for a number of functions.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps its one of those things that if I had easy access to it I'd use it more. We'll see I guess. I'm just thinking I'd could use the button for much more efficient things. Hopefully it will be programable.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I used it all the time for screen shots with notes to post to forums and what nots

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 4