Who's Buying The Pixel Watch?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
To me, the lack of posts in this forum seems like there is not much interest in the Pixel Watch. Personally, I don't like the design of the PW. I much prefer a traditional look. When I saw the PW leaks, I lost all interest. Went for the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. It's large and somewhat heavy, but it sits well on the wrist, looks great, and has multi-day battery life.

I've been a fan of Google products for a while, but the last couple years have been disappointing for me. I still really like my older products. Pixel 5, Nest thermostat, Google home speakers, etc. So I don't dislike Google.

Anyways, I have been noticing that there is not a lot of traction in this forum, and that doesn't bode well for the PW.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a fair amount of interest elsewhere, and the reviews have certainly been encouraging. I wonder if part of the relatively low posting on this forum might be due in part to generally lower traffic on Android Central these days

At first, I didn't think I'd want a Pixel Watch due to the design (like you, I prefer a more traditional watch appearance). I have a Fossil Gen 6, which I really like, and which is supposed to get Wear OS 3.0 in the next few days. But then I checked out the Pixel Watch at Best Buy the other day, and the responsiveness, slick design, and overall size were quite appealing. The lack of a wide variety of bands does detract a bit, but I'm guessing 3rd parties will start making them soon. And there's this neat little bumper that does make the watch look a bit more traditional: https://chromeunboxed.com/google-pixel-watch-ringke-bumper-case/

I will probably buy one in the next month or so. I just ordered a Pixel 7 Pro from Best Buy (trading in my 6 Pro, got a $545 credit!), and the promo includes a $200 Best Buy gift card, which would be perfect to go towards the watch.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Apologies on starting a new thread. My observation was mainly because I noticed that there are not a lot of threads here. Possibly AC forums attract more phone interest.

Diddy - The bumper makes a lot of sense given the design. I'd be really wary of nicking the face since there's no bezel.