Why am I having extreme lag on my Note 3?

Rolf Verb

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Recent extreme lag on Note 3

I used CPU Monitor and it showed that process "id.app.sbrowser" was using 100% CPU. Any one know why or what this process belongs to and what it does? The Note just stops responding and stutters across the board, usually happens while I'm running Internet, and I have to hard restart it to get things running normal again.

On a side note, the device had also been dropping my wifi connection despite my adjusting advanced settings and such.

I'm still under warrantee, so at&t is sending me a "like new" model, and it's the second replacement they're sending, because the first replacement would save my wifi credentials, but wouldn't connect... technician even remoted into the device to see it for herself.

It's strange, because my Note 3 was fine until the last few weeks when wifi would turn itself off and then on again... now this - wtf?!

Something like this happened with my iPhone, which is why one of the reasons I upgraded to the Note 3. I blamed Apple for it. The audio died, and it was running fine until the new iPhone was released. It's the second time as an at&t customer that this has happened to me... even around the same time.

Now that the Note 4 is available, this may be a coincidence, but I feel that at&t is messing with my devices, trying to force me to shell out more cash for an upgrade. It's a horrible feeling to have to consider... I have no proof, just the timing is strange... and I take very good care of my devices.

Again, it's when my devices begin acting up that has me a bit upset, perhaps even a little paranoid.

Thanks.

Last edited:

John Gill

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Recent extreme lag on Note 3

I have had this happen from time to time on my S5. try "All-In-One Toolbox" its like Ccleaner for android. This help my S5 get back on track.

Rolf Verb

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

I try that John, thanks! I guess I just don't understand why this is happening now, because it was running fine before and without all of the add-ons...

John Gill

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

all in one has a start clear in it. I would removed everything from that you dont use daily then reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar