Why Android Will Always Be Laggier Than iOS

Rixxardo

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 5 us less laggy than the One.

Great news! Possible reasons:
- The Nexus 5 was jointly developed OR designed following specific Google reccomendations (other benefits may be due to KitKat optimizations)
- Samsung is overcharghing TW with bloat

P.S. - How many apps (non stock) you've got? Possibly include a list of "always on" apps (whatsapp, gmail and every other app that will stay resident, adding phone "efforts")

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
P.S. - How many apps (non stock) you've got? Possibly include a list of "always on" apps (whatsapp, gmail and every other app that will stay resident, adding phone "efforts")

Launcher (Nova prime), hangouts, gmail, taptalk, life 360 (latitude). Sms and call log backup apps, Dropbox and box.Com. Battery widget reborn and team battery bar.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My original galaxy note was laggy and my galaxy tab 2 is laggy on occasion but my S4 is not laggy.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

TOTtomdora

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed no lag on my nexus 7, and I've noticed none on my friend's iPod 5g either. Not sure what people mean when they say one's better than the other. They're both fine.
Hell, my 4 year old 4g touch is pretty smooth after a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
In my humble opinion perhaps is the fluidity of the OS animations the difference between iOS and Android. I don't see a particular lag other than OS animations at least on my Android devices. That differences between both systems are now barely noticeable with the advances but in Android sometimes the jerky animations persist. I think it is cosmetics that iOS takes care more, other than that I don't see another prime advantage of iOS over Android.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Same here, We have the IP5 for work and I have a GS4 for my personal phone, both a good phones,i prefer the GS$ as it does what I need as far as file organization does, the IP5 just cant do that. As far as lag goes, I don't see any in my GS4, the only issue I get is an app or two that will crash. I have locked up the IP5 many times.

Rixxardo

May 17, 2013
Visit site
After 3 years on a Galaxy S2 I have moved on to a Note 3. Replaced stock launcher with Nova. No lag, no glitches, perfect animations! Great!