why cant i find unread text messages on my coolpad 3632A

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have the coolpad 3632A. it says I have over 200 unread messages but they wont show in the inbox. I've reset my phone, I've tried to go nto my settings, then message, then do the clear data / clear cache trick, it didn't work. I cant find a "badge launcher" on this phone like I've seen people say to find when i tried to google a solution. it seems like no matter what, it always says I have unread messages

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Scroll down to the earliest messages - if you didn't read some 2 years ago, they'd still be shown as unread. As for badging, that depends on the version of Android you're running and the launcher you're using. Prior to Oreo, Android didn't have badging, so you had to use a launcher that did its own badging. After that, Google decided that the badge wouldn't show the number of unread texts, unanswered phone calls, etc., it would show the notifications for texts, phone calls, etc. So if you wiped the notification away, the badge showed no notifications. (Maybe some day they'll catch on and give us a Settings panel to let us choose the apps badging works on, and we'll get the number of things the app itself has for us.) But if you're still running Nougat, use Evie, Microsoft Launcher, One launcher, ADW Launcher or Action Launcher. (Nova Launcher Prime with Tesla Unread also does badging, but it's not free.)

A

Android Central Question

unable to view sms messages on coolpad 3632A

have the coolpad 3632A. it says I have over 200 unread messages but they wont show in the inbox. ive done the following:
1. factory reset on the phone
2. went to settings, forced stopped the launcher,
3. went to settings, app section then messaging then forced stopped it and disabled the cache & data

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: unable to view sms messages on coolpad 3632A

Welcome to Android Central! Where do you see that you have 200 unread messages? Is it the unread count badge on the Messages icon?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The unread count badge can sometimes get stuck. Do you know if there are messages that you were supposed to get but never did? If not, then try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and see if there's a system app called something like Badge Provider. If so, then select it and clear its cache and data. If you don't see something like that, then you could clear the cache and data from the launcher app itself -- but this will wipe your homescreens clean, and you'll have to set them back up again (although this usually doesn't take too long).

leidoll

Jun 3, 2019
Visit site

sometimes ill get a notification saying i have a message but when i would try to open the message, the message disappears and doesnt show anywhere in my inbox

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Open your Messages app and go to its menu. Look around there to see if you can find a listing for your phone number. Is it correct there?

Also, go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and make sure you didn't accidentally Disable the Message Storage app (if one is present).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are you using the stock messaging app? Did you install any other 3rd party SMS apps like Facebook Messenger or Textra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow