Why cant I hear a call on my watch when they can hear me?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Unfortunately I bought a Galaxy 3 watch thinking that it would make my life easier. Big mistake. It has been nothing but a complete pain. Since day one I have only been able to receive calls where they can hear me but I can not hear them. So it ends. I did everything I could to make it work and eventually went to the extreme of doing a complete factory reset. Then it worked! I was so thankful that it was finally resolved. Then today I received a call and tried to answer it on my watch. Nope. They could hear me but I could not hear them. Again, the same problem. So now I am again faced with the prospect of doing a complete backup, a factory reset and then back to the same routine. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I alone? The folks at Verizon have never seen this before so they are useless.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to Android Central Forums.

No issues with mine and haven't heard of that issue. Are you saying you reset the watch or the phone? Do you have the LTE model?

Please consider creating an account so we can communicate further and better assist you. As a guest you are not able to reply any threads.

I have provided the link below so that you can register.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Galaxy Watch forum for more specific traffic.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like an app issue. If it works from a fresh start then suddenly stops working it sounds like an app. I'm not familiar with Galaxy watches but I assume it isn't like the cheap-o made in China watches going around for 10 or 20 bucks that you cannot install anything on. Perhaps try uninstalling or disabling all of the non-preinstalled apps on the watch first. Or if it requires an app on your phone, a companion app if you will, to send the information back and forth try clearing the cache and possibly even the data for that app.

It's worth a try before the pain of factory resetting the device again.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I bought a Galaxy 3 watch thinking that it would make my life easier. Big mistake. It has been nothing but a complete pain. Since day one I have only been able to receive calls where they can hear me but I can not hear them. So it ends. I did everything I could to make it work and eventually went to the extreme of doing a complete factory reset. Then it worked! I was so thankful that it was finally resolved. Then today I received a call and tried to answer it on my watch. Nope. They could hear me but I could not hear them. Again, the same problem. So now I am again faced with the prospect of doing a complete backup, a factory reset and then back to the same routine. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I alone? The folks at Verizon have never seen this before so they are useless.

Why not just return it?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had zero issues with my galaxy 3 watch you should go back where you purchased it and get it all straightened out. I can agree that when a LTE watch is not set correct it's a headache.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87