Why can't I hear the people I call on my Galaxy S4?

Jordan Van Wyk

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
So i have tried factory resetting it but that still hasn't worked but i am still very confused as

1. I still have the same problem of i can talk/hear my friend on Skype but not through a phone call
2. When i use my headset to make a phone call i can talk and hear people but i still cant with out it
I have the same problem. It worked before between Bluetooth and without but now it only works with Bluetooth. Galaxy s4 as well.

Philip Raymond

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Yes! You can be sure that it has something to do with Bluetooth pairing to your vehicle. I have a 2 year old S4 on Verizon (bought it in 2013 when it was first announced). It has never had a problem. None at all... My old car had no Bluetooth connectivity. My new 2015 Chevy Equinox has Bluetooth. Worked great on calls through my phone for the first few weeks. Then, suddenly, the phone required a reboot after every car-paired call. If I did not reboot, then the next caller (either incoming our outgoing) could not hear me, and I could not hear him!! -- Even if I hit the Bluetooth disconnect button on the connected call. In my case, I could not even continue the call through speakerphone or handheld mic/speaker. The phone continued to show calls and ring, but no one could talk to anyone, until a reboot.

I have tried EVERYTHING described by others in this thread. I have not found a solution. If I use my Galaxy S4 with my car (works great for 1 call), then the phone must be reboot before placing or receiving another call. Before the reboot, the mic & speaker are DEAD.

jza95

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's a Google Now update that screwed up. The Ok Google search from any screen is turned on by default. From the home screen, hold down the menu button which should go into Google Now. Click on menu button again and select settings. Select "VOICE." Then select "Ok Google" detection. Once there, switch off the option "From any Screen." Once that is turned off. Restart phone and everything should work fine.

Macs8969

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4: No Sound In calls

I was in a vibercall with my friend and heard some weird sounds like the ones when u tried to connect to internet in the olden days. Since than I am unable to hear a word and the other party as well can't hear nothing on a cellular call(viber and Skype etc working fine means no hardware issue, antenna is fine as the call connects perfectly and sms sent and received promptly). I reset my phone after backing up with samsung kies which was a headache in itself. After the reset problem persists but when I changed my sim card problem was solved but that didn't last long after a few minutes the glitch was still there. So its been more than 4 days now I am using S4 Active kindly let me know if you guys found any solution or else I will just hit to the repair center.

Thanks

Hi there, Im new in this blog but I was very interested in your opinion. I have a galaxy s4 Active and have some audio problems too. If I use it without the sim card there is no problems. But I tried to use it with the sim card and the external memory stick... and the problems begins. Have you tried use it without the external memory? I don't know the exact problem and how to fix it totally either. If you find the solution to it I will really appreciate you let me know. Thanks.

Kervin Lucy

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
It's a Google Now update that screwed up. The Ok Google search from any screen is turned on by default. From the home screen, hold down the menu button which should go into Google Now. Click on menu button again and select settings. Select "VOICE." Then select "Ok Google" detection. Once there, switch off the option "From any Screen." Once that is turned off. Restart phone and everything should work fine.

Latif Khan1

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue.

I tried the google ok stuff above, changed my roaming, uninstalled apps, resetting, factory reset, firmware reload. I bricked my phone on the last step and had to have a Samsung care center reload the stock image on it.

Nothing worked for more than a call or two before the problem started again.

I then tried to swap out my SIM to put it in another phone and the SIM wouldnt fit so I put it back in my samsung and after that, no more issues. It's been running fine for a few days now so I think it's fixed.

Who knew that resetting the SIM would fix the issue.

Tracy Lynn2

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

HI everyone

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 on android 4.3
Recently i tried to make multiple phone calls and when in the call i haven't been able to hear the person on the other end and they cant hear me (This also happens when i receive a call)
however when my friend calls me over skype on my phone the speaker and mic is working perfectly fine and we can talk

the only thing i can think of is that recently i hooked up my bluetooth headset to my phone and made a phone call to a friend and since then i haven't been able to hear anyone when making a phone call

can anyone help
Thanks

Last edited:

mpsrent

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My solution....

Sending or receiving calls was just dead air, I couldn't hear the other caller and they couldn't hear me. Sometimes there would be a screeching noise. The phone was useless using the handset.

I tried all the firmware solutions and came to realization that it must be a hardware problem with my fear being that it would be associated with a chip on the motherboard. Good news, it was a simple fix.

I removed the headphone jack which has a sensor which detects when a jack has been inserted into the phone and replaced it with a jack from a known working phone. Problem solved, I can once again send and receive calls. For less than $3 on ebay for a new i9500 jack, the problem was solved. I hope this helps someone else.

rpsdguy

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
SOLUTION: Samsung Galaxy S4 no audio sound during phone call.

For me it was a bad SIM Card Reader or Module IF. But it could be a bad SIM card so try a new SIM before doing this repair or at least take it out and in.

My Service Repair Statement said it replaced two things:
Part Number Description
GH59-13279A Unit-SIM SD SOCKET; SGH-I377, 10-0013-0278
GH59-13111A MODULE-IF SUB FPCB(SGH-I337);SGH-I337,10

Called 800-726-7864 told them what the symptoms were and that the support line said it was the SIM Card Reader and they gave me a quote of $70.36 and seemed confident that the phone would be fixed. Sent to Samsung Repair Facility in Texas, total cost $70.36, and was without it for 9 days. It’s been working for 2 weeks now with no problems.

First I took it to an AT&T Service Center and all they really did was try a new SIM Card, next called Samsung Service 888-987-4357 and went thru a series of tests and they said it was a bad SIM card reader and gave me the repair center number.

Symptoms:
No audio / sound during a phone call on either side (caller or receiver)
Call connects everything is working, just no sound.
Sound for all other functions and apps works (music, voice recording, video audio).
You can tell it is going to happen when you make a call and you don’t hear any ringing just a click sound then nothing. If you hear ringing then the call will work.
Rebooting usual works for a call or two. Messing with some settings may get it to work for a period of time. But for me none of any of the other suggested fixes worked except rebooting and turning airplane mode on and off but it only fixed it for awhile.

I have used the phone for 1.5 years and never had a single hardware problem, didn’t have it heavily loaded (RAM or Memory). It just started one day out of the blue and drove me crazy.

batorgil batchuluun

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

HI everyone

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 on android 4.3
Recently i tried to make multiple phone calls and when in the call i haven't been able to hear the person on the other end and they cant hear me (This also happens when i receive a call)
however when my friend calls me over skype on my phone the speaker and mic is working perfectly fine and we can talk

the only thing i can think of is that recently i hooked up my bluetooth headset to my phone and made a phone call to a friend and since then i haven't been able to hear anyone when making a phone call

can anyone help
Thanks

Hello every one.
Did you fix your problem?

Last edited:

jorgeg73

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

I have install a 5.1 rom and for the moment for me calls are working. look for it on xda-forums under antares.
It has been like this for the past 3 days i am still making test calls and all of them have work

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeff