Why can't I see my phone photos on my PC?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm trying to transfer photos from my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra to my PC. This is my first time doing so with the S21, but I have done it many times with the S7 and S9+. I plug the phone into the computer using a USB cable (one that I have used for this before, so I know it works), and make sure the USB settings on my phone are set to file transfer. I can see my phone and open it's file structure with my file explorer, but when I open the photos folder (Internal Storage/DCIM/Camera), it says the folder is empty. But I can see the 5600 pictures and videos on my phone, just not on the computer. I have tried searching a photo file name, and as far as my explorer is concerned, that file is not on my phone's internal memory. Any suggestions?

fletchflower

Jan 3, 2022
Visit site
I can explain , go to settings>about phone>software>find the build number and tap it 7 times to enable then back out once to main settings and scroll to the bottom of settings page and tap on developer mode then toggle usb debugging to on

Alright, I've done that, and the folder is still appearing empty. The workaround of moving a few files at a time to a different folder, and then copying from there is working, I would just need to back up my phone more regularly until they fix this bug

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Alright, I've done that, and the folder is still appearing empty. The workaround of moving a few files at a time to a different folder, and then copying from there is working, I would just need to back up my phone more regularly until they fix this bug
Ok , then ill stop here , possible could be a bug otherwise the other stuff is going to reset some settings that ill mention next .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I would definitely give Samsung feedback via the Samsung Members app about this.

fletchflower

Jan 3, 2022
Visit site
Thank you, everyone, so much for the assistance! Even if the work-around is a little clunky, it's something quite manageable until they fix the bug, but also just a better habit to be in copying more often anyway.

Thank you!!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, everyone, so much for the assistance! Even if the work-around is a little clunky, it's something quite manageable until they fix the bug, but also just a better habit to be in copying more often anyway.

Thank you!!!
Use Samsung smart switch on pc so when you back up your device you can acces those files quick on your pc

fletchflower

Jan 3, 2022
Visit site
Use Samsung smart switch on pc so when you back up your device you can acces those files quick on your pc

I had actually tried that, but when I went to do the backup, it said that photos and videos were hidden by a photo/video locking app. Which I don't have. I was on the Samsung tech support chat for about an hour trying to work through the file issue and the Smart Switch issue before coming over here for assistance

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had actually tried that, but when I went to do the backup, it said that photos and videos were hidden by a photo/video locking app. Which I don't have. I was on the Samsung tech support chat for about an hour trying to work through the file issue and the Smart Switch issue before coming over here for assistance
Disregard that message it will say that next to catagory in smart switch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan