Why can't my device be updated?

Rajesh Bista

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
why my device cant be updated?

Hi,
I have rooted my sgh t599 device and also partitioned my sd card to solve storage problem. The device got 4.1.2 android version. When I try to update software, it says, your device has been modified. Software updates are not available. So is there any way to update the software of my device. Thank you

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: why my device cant be updated?

The answer to why is self-explanatory. It's telling you it's because you're device has been modified and you say yourself that you modified it by rooting. So there's no mystery there.

You can either manually flash the firmware or you can flash completely back to stock to get OTA updates.

Rajesh Bista

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. I don't understand technically much about this, so can you suggest me how can I manually flash the firmware or flash completely to get OTA updates? Thank you again for your help.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Thank you. I don't understand technically much about this, so can you suggest me how can I manually flash the firmware or flash completely to get OTA updates? Thank you again for your help.

You will need to download a tool called Odin to your computer, download the firmware, connect your phone to the computer and use Odin to flash. I found this thread for you about your phone. You should read everything related first if it is new to you and follow instructions given there exactly so that you do not get your phone in a bad state: [INDEX][SGH-T599x][FIRMWARE] | Samsung Galaxy S III Mini | XDA Forums

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Even flashing an update with Odin won't work, because the update will still check for root. You can flash the entire 4.2 or 4.3 or whatever ROM, but you'll lose all your apps, date, etc, and have to start again. Or remove all traces of rooting, then it will update over the air or via Odin.

Or just flash the stock ROM and you'll get OTA updates. Keep updating until you get to the version you want, then (assuming there's a rooting method for that version) root.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts