why did my sms messaging service begin to warn me about large amounts of messages being sent?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i was having a text conversation with someone and after about 25 short msgs a notification that a large amount of sms messages were being sent and a prompt came on before i could send each message asking me to allow it to be sent or not.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
i was having a text conversation with someone and after about 25 short msgs a notification that a large amount of sms messages were being sent and a prompt came on before i could send each message asking me to allow it to be sent or not.
Hmmmm. Sounds like maybe a protection mechanism, in case of chance of something taking over your phone and maliciously sending SMS messages in quick rapid secession. Did you search your settings yet, for if there is a setting for this that can be turned on/off.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like the type of message one gets when they send messages to large groups of people not just one person. Well unless they were rapid fire and the other person was not responding but in a one on one conversation...?

What app or service are you using to send these messages?

When you say short, what do you mean? One or two words, one or two lines?

Could you estimate for us how many messages comprise the messages sent at that time?

Is this a group conversation all in one thread? If yes, are they set to go out and come back as one conversation or do you have it set to send individual messages to each so that everyone doesn't get responses from everyone else?