Why did this device get so popular?

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
The fact that the iPhone was a precursor to the Galaxy S3 does not mean that it is not substandard compared to Android. Regarding a Mophie juicepack maybe I'm different than you but I keep my phone in my pocket and don't want any additional unnecessary bulk added to it. A battery does not add additional bulk but the Mophie does. I use an extremely thin case on my S3 for this reason.
Yes the iPhone is an awesome device but I still say it's substandard. ;)

Most of the world don't care about customising or tweaking though. So they'll find iOS smoother with better quality apps and better games. And they'll probably see the slowdowns and lag issues on android as substandard.

You really can't say anything is substandard. iOS serves a different purpose than Android.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Marketing. Another big reason is one device for all carriers. By this I mean kind of like the iPhone. Same look, nearly same hardware internals. Previously the S2 had so many revisions/names/hardware. The UI changed significantly also.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I can get spare batteries for about $10 each, or less. And they're a lot less bulky than a Morphie. I consider carrying the added bulk of a Morphie around all the time to be far less convenient than carrying a slim spare battery for those occasions when I need one.

You must not use a case?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The fact that the iPhone was a precursor to the Galaxy S3 does not mean that it is not substandard compared to Android. Regarding a Mophie juicepack maybe I'm different than you but I keep my phone in my pocket and don't want any additional unnecessary bulk added to it. A battery does not add additional bulk but the Mophie does. I use an extremely thin case on my S3 for this reason.
Yes the iPhone is an awesome device but I still say it's substandard. ;)

I keep my phone in my pocket as well. But I wear pants that aren't tight so cases don't really bother me. Not to mention I've been using a note 2 lately so once you've carried that around everything else feels small lol. I'd never put a mophie on this if one existed but the mophie on my 4s wasn't an issue at all.

We all have our own definitions on convenient obviously.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
First of all I think the S3 is awesome. i was just wondering how this one device become pretty much the flagship Android phone of the year? (Besides the Nexus 4)
I look back months ago when i was deciding to buy either the S3 or the HTC One X and was reading reviews on both which made them appear almost equivalent. Needless to say i ended up with the One X and feel like i got the short end of the stick. People never recognize my phone as anything special and i constantly wonder why the One X has been forgotten and is such an underdog while the S3 dominated in popularity? The One X is pretty great, but i think i should have just gotten the S3 at the time.
Could it be all the advertising? What made this phone so popular? Opinions? Sound off here ! Let me know what you think !

(P.S I just bought the Note II)

Marketing marketing marketing. Samsung spends 12 BILLION dollars into marketing products annually, which not only blows the marketing budget of any of their competitors out if the water, but that is even more than the R&D budget of Microsoft, Apple, and Google combined!

From a business standpoint it makes total sense; think about it.. even if you have an amazing product that the public would love to buy, if you don't invest in marketing for it, nobody will know it's out there :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Most of the world don't care about customising or tweaking though. So they'll find iOS smoother with better quality apps and better games. And they'll probably see the slowdowns and lag issues on android as substandard.

You really can't say anything is substandard. iOS serves a different purpose than Android.
I beg to disagree (but not in a nasty way). iOS does not server a different purpose than Android. They are both smartphones that are designed to make and receive calls as well as run apps. The fact that iOS has minimal configuration options does not mean that it's a different purpose than Android. I agree that much of the world doesn't care about tweaking though. The fact that you really CAN'T tweak iOS to the extent that you can with Android makes it a substandard product in my eyes. To others it may not be but that's their problem... ;)

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I beg to disagree (but not in a nasty way). iOS does not server a different purpose than Android. They are both smartphones that are designed to make and receive calls as well as run apps. The fact that iOS has minimal configuration options does not mean that it's a different purpose than Android. I agree that much of the world doesn't care about tweaking though. The fact that you really CAN'T tweak iOS to the extent that you can with Android makes it a substandard product in my eyes. To others it may not be but that's their problem... ;)

Fair enough.

I just find that the reason a lot of people prefer it is becausr it's more simple and generally everything is pretty consistent and just works.

Obviously to us we'll find Android superior because of what it offers over iOS, but neither is inherintly substandard in comparision to the other because a lot of people find the fluidity of iOS and quality of apps/games to be better than the android equivelent.

The build quality of some android devices is also of a poorer quality than the iPhone. The note 2 seemingly cracking the screen from the smallest of drops won't fill many people with a lot of confidence. I know, use a case. But some people don't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow