Why did YOU decide to get the nexus 4?

siriusnoodles

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
What about the Nexus One and Ice Cream Sandwich and the Nexus S and 4.2 though?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

True, but the main reason why Google drops support for Nexus phones is that the hardware simply cannot perform well with the new firmware. Even then, the Nexus One and the Nexus S still get awesome support from the developers at XDA and from the king of Custom Roms: Cyanogenmod :)
Now, compare that to the that people have to put up with when carriers and/or manufacturers drop support for phones that are only about a year old and can clearly run future versions of Android just fine. It gets even worse when the bootloaders come locked (Motorola), it's an obscure phone (My Samsung Infuse), or when you end up bricking a phone when you're flashing the latest update. The latter happened to me once on my previous Samsung Infuse 4g, and when it did, I lost all hope toward having a functional phone ever again. Luckily, I googled a solution, and it thankfully worked.
My point is that now that I have a Nexus, I'll have much better official support from Google, and when they let this phone die, Cyanogenmod will pick it right up.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a true android experience without carrier bloatware and faster updates straight from google. I do enjoy my gs3 but am looking forward to seeing what a pure vanilla experience will be

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered on (4 week delivery predicted). I was simply looking for an unlocked android phone that I could use on one of the pre-paid, non-subsidized-pricing plans, with the ability to move around. I am trying to reduce my monthly expenses and am tired of paying nearly $100 per month for service.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Never experienced Vanilla Android. Being a HUGE Android fan, I found that appaling. : ) That and I'm an update junkie.

I do really like Sense...but I'll never look back!