Why different designs?

krisrock

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Can somebody explain why there are different designs for the Hero like the Sprint Hero is like round with the buttons like in a square but i have seen some other pics of the hero that do have the buttons in a line and the phone is more rectangular yea wats up with this?

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The square shaped hero with the chin and buttons was released in the middle of the summer in Europe. It's a wildly popular phone. It is a GSM phone. Sprint decided to carry a CDMA version of the Hero and as most carriers do decided to make changes to the look of the phone. Verizons Droid Eris is another variant of the Hero and has a different look as well. This is pretty common stuff do some Google searches and compare each carriers version of the HTC Touch Pro and HTC Touch Pro 2.

Personally I like the look of both devices but prefer the GSM model, however I am not sure how much I would exactly like it if I had it in my pocket or hand. I believe Sprint did the redesign in an attempt to appeal to a wider population.

krisrock

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
oh okay i see now and well i like the sprint design better and well so when the phone was officially released it took a couple of months for sprint to redesign and sell it right

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes and HTC had to do some ninja programming for the device to work on CDMA networks. Android 1.5 does not offer native support for CDMA.

krisrock

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
oh so it would be difficult for sprint to be getting new android phones next year and well hopefully they will make Android 2.1 compatible with CDMA networks because i want to switch to and android phone from HTC soon

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
CDMA support was native in ?clair (2.0), don't worry about that to much. The hero works just fine with CDMA.

I don't think it would not be difficult for Sprint to get more Android devices. I would really be surprised if we don't see more. HTC and Sprint seem to be decent partners and HTC seems to be focusing a lot on Android so expect to see some good devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly