Why do deleted pictures keep coming back?

A

AC Question

deleted pictures keep coming back.

Hi , hope you can help. Keep deleting pictures and video on my tab s (lollipop) and next time I look in photos they are back! Sync is off and recycle bin emptied. I am not very tech savvy and would appreciate any help, simply explained if possible

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: deleted pictures keep coming back.

Welcome to Android Central! Which app are you using to view and delete? The stock Gallery app, or the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon)? Do the photo thumbnails have any associated icon that looks like the Google Drive or Picasa icon?

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I have similar problem in HTC One M9. I use the photo app with the pinwheel icon. Photos I deleted keep coming back including company logos and attachments from e-mails I did not upload are showing up. It is driving me nuts. Help please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Images like that are probably cached image files used by some other apps or by the browser. In the Photos app, select the photo, tap Menu>Details. Does it list the path where the image is stored on the phone?

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Some images are stored in /storage/ext_sd/DCIM/100MEDIA/IMAG0042.jpg but some with more (complicated) extensions e.g., /storage/ext_sd/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.plus/files/Pictures/IMAG0042~3.jpg. ??????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where does your tablet store photos that you take with the Camera app? Is it /DCIM/Camera, or /DCIM/100Media? Just wondering if these are photos you actually took, or if they're being saved by other apps to the /DCIM/100Media directory.

How are you deleting the pictures? Using the Gallery app, or the Photos app? Or a file manager?

The longer path sounds like it has to do with Google+. Is it a full photo, or just a thumbnail? Have you been modifying the photos using the Photos app, or has it been showing you "Auto-Awesomed" photos?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty