why do "voice calls brain so much battery???

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
today, my phone has been off the charger for just over 4 hours, and my battery is down to 70% already.

In the battery manager, it is showing that voice calls have comsumed 64% of my battery juice........but my call total is only 30m, 16s !!!!

That is pitiful....30 minutes of calls and it's sucking up that much battery.

itguy09

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
What area are you in? Analogue? :)

I took a 30 minute conference call the other day on the way to work via Bluetooth and still had plenty of juice left for the day.

Did the same yesterday but at home and it had plenty of life for the day.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
today, my phone has been off the charger for just over 4 hours, and my battery is down to 70% already.

In the battery manager, it is showing that voice calls have comsumed 64% of my battery juice........but my call total is only 30m, 16s !!!!

That is pitiful....30 minutes of calls and it's sucking up that much battery.

I had the same problem yesterday. Where I used the phone as a phone for 30 mins and it used over half my battery. I was in a 3G area and had 3-4 bars when calling. I spoke with VZ so the issue got documented. Until yesterday I was more than happy with my battery. I had surfed, streamed music, sent email. texts, tweets. And had done so in large amounts and not even used 50% of the battery after 8 hours. So it was very strange to me.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This just happened to me today. Off the charger for 2 1/2 hours today and down to 60%. Checked what was killing my battery and it said 43% voice calls. Problem is, I only made 7 minutes of voice calls. What the hell happened to my droid x?

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
It is another process that is not playing nice. And you have to figure out what it is. But it is running while on a voice call and counting against your voice usage in the total. With me it ended up being handcent was not playing nice with something. But since I took it off my phone I have been fine. Since so many people use it I think it was how it was interacting with something else otherwise people all over the place would be saying something.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
How do I figure out what isn't "playing nice" while I'm on a call, though? Because when I look at my battery stats, it obviously shows up as voice calls, not anything else. I have a Fascinate but I have this problem MAJORLY, too. (83% of the 25% of my battery that had been drained was due to a 7 minute phone call.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia