Why do you hate Sense?

H50

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Ummm.. Did I miss something here? The name of this thread is "Why do you HATE Sense?" and yet most of the replies seem to be from people that don't hate it..

As someone deliberating over which device and UI to select, all I'm seeing here are comments that share the reasons for staying with an HTC device. When you go to Samsung forums, you get plenty of people posting threads about why they hate it. Lately it appears the design of Sense 4.0 has turned off many who bought the One X due to how they engineered the multi-tasking. Frankly it's really hard to get a 'sense' (no pun intended) of just how good the One X is especially when there are many issues being reported. I only wish the Nexus was available at ATT since it runs vanilla Android..

My two sense :)

Important to remember the downside bias of forum posters and online reviewers. Unhappy customers are the first people to write a review.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I hate Sense 4.0 because it doesn't multitask at all(at least not on the at&t One X). With companies charging so much for data I don't need a UI that is constantly reloading Web pages and YouTube videos every time I leave them for more than fifteen seconds. Same goes for the Play Store, video games, etc, etc.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I hate Sense 4.0 because it doesn't multitask at all(at least not on the at&t One X). With companies charging so much for data I don't need a UI that is constantly reloading Web pages and YouTube videos every time I leave them for more than fifteen seconds. Same goes for the Play Store, video games, etc, etc.

I never thought of it like that . HTC should address this issue asap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I still say there's no comparison to the social integration. Even on the Gnex, you only really get Google+ integration and no one I know uses that Social Network. Sense is the only skin that allows you to fully integrate Facebook into the contacts, giving you an almost WP7 People Hub experience. It's also the only version of Android that allows Twitter contacts to sync right now.

Even if you don't care about that, there are the little touches, like the way the copy/paste icons are actually labeled and the icons for Play Store, search, menu, etc have text underneath them. The flawless way the browser reflows text. These are things that Sense does right and things I always miss on stock Android.

I do wish they hadn't done away with the quick settings on Sense 4.0, as I actually used those and Touchwiz still has them, but overall I find Sense to enhance the experience, not detract from it. I do appreciate how smooth and functional my Gnex is, but I also find myself missing the Sense enhancements when I'm using a phone without them.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't? ORLY? My new ICS+Sense3.6 Amaze multitasks like a mofo. Maybe I'm missing something....

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't? ORLY? My new ICS+Sense3.6 Amaze multitasks like a mofo. Maybe I'm missing something....

You are missing something. Luckily for me my Vivid, which I am now using as I wait for the SIII, is also missing something. That something is the abomination known as Sense 4.0.

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

It multitasks one app AT MOST when it actually works. Most of the time I find myself reloading the app I was trying to multitask with.
HTC really needs to fix this. Fix this and it is the perfect phone for me :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It multitasks one app AT MOST when it actually works. Most of the time I find myself reloading the app I was trying to multitask with.
HTC really needs to fix this. Fix this and it is the perfect phone for me :)
Sorry to hear that. I switch back and forth between as many as four or five apps, and I do NOT lose my place in any. Typically, I'm launching LastPass to get login credentials for an app or web site. Perhaps it's the way you're doing it. I'm usually switching back with press+hold on home, or (under 2.3.4) finding the app in the Notifications drop-down app list. Either way works fine under the new update.

Using 4.0.3 with Sense 3.6 (previously 2.3.4 with 3.0).

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I hate the god awful battery life due to all the dumb stuff that Sense seems to require to run. Do we need all of those widgets running all the time?

I hate how the file are spread all over the place. Touchwhiz is not good, but at least I have an app called "My Files" that contains all of my files. The folder doesn't actually contain all fo your files, but when you use that app, ALL of your vidoes, music, documents all show up there, and could be gotten to easy.

I hate the stock video player, too limited.

I hate that I had to download a file manager to move files around, and to find them.

Why do people actually support sense when the battery on the Evo lasts just as long as any other device, once you root it, and get sense off of it.

The app drawer is ugly, misplaced at the bottom. The app button on the other phones is sufficient and useful. The sense system is superflous, and doesn't enhance anything.

Task killer on Touchwhiz? Hold down the home button, running apps pop up. Touch Whiz? Go download advanced task killer, and let it kill your battery in slightly less time that Sense who supposedly turns off unused apps. Open up google maps, get a lock, close it, come back in an couple hours; yup, it's still runnig. Your battery is dying.

Too many extra apps must be downloaded to make sense work correctly, which increases the battery drain. Too much junk to be cute, and ends up being a colossal pain in the ass.

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I guess its coz people expect mindblowingly fast performance from the one x given its processor, and rightly so. While sense is definitely snappy, and gives a beautiful and refined UI , its good for the average end user. Power users like me, however switch to cm9, which btw flies like we want it to. Of course, that's not to say I hate sense , just that it ain't my taste .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali