why does Google only guarantee Pixel updates for 2 years? (vs. 4 years for iPhones)

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Well they promised 3 years of security updates for the Nexus devices as well, and stopped them at 3 years for the N7. But as you said the Pixels are a whole new thing, so I guess that means we can't take anything Google has said about them at their word until we see it actually happen then.

That's my MO for anything any corporation tells me. Unless they have a track record of doing right by me I believe nothing.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That's my MO for anything any corporation tells me. Unless they have a track record of doing right by me I believe nothing.

Well as far as doing right by me, they've never given me any issues really. And like I said most of the issues they have had were either with incredibly niche products or free stuff (apps). If I lost money that'd be one thing, but I haven't, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. As for a track record, I'd say comparing the Pixel to the Nexus is OK, especially since they made the same to promise on the Pixel as the did for the Nexus. If they would've said it was 4 years for updates and 5 for security patches for the Pixel, I'd be a bit more skeptical.