Why does HTC battery level decrease while charging?

zi1

May 15, 2015
Visit site
why does htc battery level decrease while charging?

The battery level often drops while charging. For example, it was 30% when I began to charge it. It reached 80% 20 hours later. I continue to charge it. 8 more hours later it became 0%. A few days ago I started at 15%, went up to 68%, then down to 11% in 30 hours of continuous charging. What is the cause of it? I just deleted many apps hoping to save the battery. Can anyone solve the puzzle for me? Thanks.

The battery also drains very fast. When I wake up the phone I see the battery going down. I don't use the phone for anything. Just want to make a few calls. Most of the time I am not able to make calls from or receive calls in my HTC One M9. Now I installed a land-line so that I can call T-mobile customer support.

I used HTC 4g Amaze before and loved it. Then I had iPhone 6 for a couple of months, Samsung Note 4 another couple of months. I waited to get M9 believing it to be great due to my past experience with HTC. However, the problems with this new M9 are insurmountable. I don't know what other phone to get. Meanwhile I have spent so much money buying phones and not having a functional one.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: why does htc battery level decrease while charging?

You installed a land line to call customer support?
Does the phone get hot while your charging it?
How long have you had it? Was it new or used when you got it? Liquid damage? Are you in a good signal area? you say you cant make or receive calls but with out a frame of reference that can mean a lot of things.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Its under manufacturer warranty. . Take it back. .

Via my HTC One M9...

ScottMac737

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Has there been any resolutions for this issue? I have been having similar issues recently.

Posted via the Android Central App

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I think it's just because you are using more power than the charger can recharge. I've never ever had this problem with BlackBerry phones, but did with Samsung S2 and the HTC M9. Must be an android thing because they use beastly power hungry processors. My suggestion is get a charge with more oomph or don't use the phone while plugged in.

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Had this problem using the charger that came with my old Lumia and the charger for my Bluetooth headphones on my M9. Went back to the charger that came with it and haven't had it drain while charging even when I use something like the browser.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

You want to use a charger that includes either 9V charging or 5V with 2A charging. Standard 500mAh/5V chargers just won't cut it on the M9.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

The charger that comes with the M9 is 1.5A and works fine for me. I'm finding 1.0A is hit and miss, just takes a little longer if it works. I imagine 0.5A would be unusable.

Dachillefx

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Mine seems to do it when I'm using the mhl/HDMI feature. It never keeps charge when on charger. It decreases. Not cool

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Mine seems to do it when I'm using the mhl/HDMI feature. It never keeps charge when on charger. It decreases. Not cool

What MHL adapter do you use? what is the current out put of your power supply?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasrulawal026