Why does my ATT Android (use on Cricket) keep shutting off by itself at random times?

alt32701

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
ATT (use on Cricket) keeps shutting off by itself at random times

Hi all….new user here who couldn’t find the answer to this problem. I’m also new to Android as of when I bought this phone, so I don’t know a whole lot about anything more than the basics…I bought this phone used in November 2014, so I don’t know when it was originally purchased, nor how much/long it was used. But its in mint condition and has operated 100% fine until about a week ago. BTW, it’s an ATT phone, but I activated it thru Cricket-again, no issues with the service from Cricket. I haven’t downloaded many apps and nothing recent in the day or 2 preceding the problem. And I haven’t done any weird customizing since I don’t know how anyway. On Jan 24, the phone started randomly shutting down. It would restart, but sometimes would cycle thru the LG welcome screen, back to black, back to LG anywhere from once to many. Sometimes it would go from LG to ATT welcome screen, but would go black again/then to LG, etc…eventually it comes back on, but then sometimes it stays on and works fine, other times it will work for a bit, then shut down…other times it just cycles on and off for hours. Eventually it will stay on and I try to limit my use of it until I can solve the problem. My short term solution is to pick up a cheap backup phone today, but I love this G2 and it wasn’t cheap, so I’d like to fix if possible.

I have tried 2 hard resets-once using phone prompts, once from phone-off state using power/vol down button method. Phone shutting off issue remained even before loading any apps. I took it to a local place to possibly fix it but they were more of a screen repair place. He did suggest maybe a battery issue? Possible? The phone does get hot when it goes thru one of those long on/off phases and the battery drains pretty quick too during that…but I would guess that’s expected.

I chatted with LG last night but the recommended 3 things: one hard reset, which I already tried. Two, software update from carrier Cricket. I chatted with them too and it appears I have the latest update. Phone did one of its shut off things after I checked for update so doesn’t appear that helped. It did seem to last all night without shutting off, so I don’t know if it’s related to use, like if I used it “too much”, it shuts down? LG’s 3rd option was to send it to them for repair, but they can’t tell me how much it will be…

Anyone have any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: ATT (use on Cricket) keeps shutting off by itself at random times

Welcome to Android Central! The easiest and first repair to do would probably be a battery replacement. There are probably YouTube videos showing how to do it yourself, but this probably won't cost that much at a phone repair shop as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995