Why does my NFC keep turning itself on?

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I asked this in another forum too....no answers yet. I shut it off and at some point later I notice it turns itself back on. What is doing this? I do NOT want it on. I don't use it or need it.

Thanks for your help

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forums! Maybe there's another app forcing NFC to stay on. I'll check around with some Note 5 owners.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Thanks for all your help. I shut off NFC but on occasion it turns back on. Samsung Pay is disabled. I only have one home page of very well known common apps like LinkedIn, Flipboard, Open Table, Fandango, Uber, 9 Mail, and Type Mail. I make no payments through any of these apps at all. I'm a very basic kinda user and keep my phones stock, uncluttered, cache emptied, and fast....

Just can't figure out why it would turn on by itself

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Thanks for all your help. I shut off NFC but on occasion it turns back on. Samsung Pay is disabled. I only have one home page of very well known common apps like LinkedIn, Flipboard, Open Table, Fandango, Uber, 9 Mail, and Type Mail. I make no payments through any of these apps at all. I'm a very basic kinda user and keep my phones stock, uncluttered, cache emptied, and fast....

Just can't figure out why it would turn on by itself

The only thing I can think of is your putting it against some kind of magnet when you set it down on whatever surface your putting it on... That would cause the NFC to come on

Seems like you tried everything else. Maybe a factory reset would do the trick, good luck

Posted via the Android Central App

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Google Wallet installed? The new update forces NFC on.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
PT Platinum Case
Stylus inserted correctly
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you placing the phone near anything else such as a computer? I found that NFC will turn on, on my Note 5 or S7 Edge if I place it on the palm rest of my MacBook Pro.

Nick Koiter

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I get this problem me to but the problem was i had nfc card on me case and when i used phone the phone and card foced turn on my nfc check you card in case. :)

In case u still get the forced on. There is a option in samsung phones thst makes it search for nearby divices like bluetooth and switches on those services automaticly. Swap that off and nothing from outside can activate it

PhilLFC85

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Im having this issue with my s7 edge. Ive done a factory reset on it, uninstalled android pay, turned off all wifi and bluetooth scanning disabled NFC switched off android beam done everything. I have mine in a Tech21 Case which does have a magnet in for the case to close shut . Only apps i use are a couple of games and news and weather apps apart from the usual social media apps. Its really annoying once its disabled it shouldnt be able to come back on!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac