Why does my Samsung Galaxy S4 —, after the 5.0.1 update, only charge when off?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S4 — After 5.0.1 update phone only charge when off

I found several other people with the same problem but no answer. While my phone was doing the update it was plugged in by the wall and charging. After the upgrade the battery was drained by the evening and when I plugged it in to recharge nothing happened. Plugged it into my computer and still nothing. I removed the battery and left it out for a few hours and thereafter tried to charge again but still nothing. I switched the phone off, plugged it in and then I got a battery with a lightning bulb and it vibrates every 40 seconds or so. I left it overnight and it charged to 100%. Please tell me how can I fix this problem so that the phone charge while on and are recognized by my computer again?
Thanks for any help.

Misan76

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 — After 5.0.1 update phone only charge when off

Similiar problem here. Mine also died after updating even though connected to the wall. Plugged it back in, turned it on answered a text and then it died again.

Then I charged while turned off to about 10%, turned it on again - and now it is charging, although EXTREMELY slowly...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central to both of you.

Since it would cost so little to do, I would try a new USB lead. If no go, a new battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Linky Manuel

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Neither sort out the problem. The battery is a week old and the cable charge my husband's S4 perfectly so that is not the problem either. The phone only charge when switched off, if it was the cable or battery it wouldn't charge at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer