Why does screen become unresponsive after a few seconds?

John Bullock

Apr 24, 2022
Visit site
New Moto g Power 2021, never dropped or wet, Android 11. The phone has always had this problem going back to android 10. After signing into the home screen or launching an app most of the screen becomes unresponsive after a very short period of time. Is this caused by the OS or Motorola? I'm just an everyday user and haven't modified the phone in any way.

Last edited:

John Bullock

Apr 24, 2022
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be happening in safe mode. I should have known to try that. I'm pretty much running the same apps I ran on my Moto G4 nougat which never had any problems at all so I was assuming there was another problem. Thanks.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be happening in safe mode. I should have known to try that. I'm pretty much running the same apps I ran on my Moto G4 nougat which never had any problems at all so I was assuming there was another problem. Thanks.
Welcome to the forums. Most likely the problem is caused by a third party app that you installed. The usual culprits should be filters, apps that control the screen brightness and such. Go to settings - apps & notifications - special access - draw over other apps and see which apps have this permission enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19