why does screen turn on?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I shut off my screen and put the v20 in my belt holster. If I peek in later at least 25 percent of the time the screen is back on. Why would that happen?

I should mention it never happens with phone on a shelf or something. Only in my holster.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm....what kind of holster you have? I've had cases that were made too tight for mine that the button area would always wake my screen up. Stopped as soon as i took case off

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I shut off my screen and put the v20 in my belt holster. If I peek in later at least 25 percent of the time the screen is back on. Why would that happen?

I should mention it never happens with phone on a shelf or something. Only in my holster.

The V20 wakes with a double tap. So when you move, it is possible that the holster hits the screen. If it is 2 times consecutively, the phone will wake. I noticed my phone wakes when I went for a jogging this morning when it was in my pocket.
What you can do is to disable double tap to wake the phone.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The V20 wakes with a double tap. So when you move, it is possible that the holster hits the screen. If it is 2 times consecutively, the phone will wake. I noticed my phone wakes when I went for a jogging this morning when it was in my pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App
I was afraid tgat was it. I like the double tap. Oh well. That"s probably it. Where is it in Settings?

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I was afraid tgat was it. I like the double tap. Oh well. That"s probably it. Where is it in Settings?

Settings/Advanced Settings/ Knock ON
It also seems I came across the adjustment for senstivity of the screen to the tap, but I am not sure

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could keep tap off and shut off tap on. I can't find an widget that shuts off screen yet allows fingerprint to reopen. I have to use my pin. Anybody know a screen off widget that allows fingerprint to reopen? Then I won't miss tap on and off so much

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I wish I could keep tap off and shut off tap on. I can't find an widget that shuts off screen yet allows fingerprint to reopen. I have to use my pin. Anybody know a screen off widget that allows fingerprint to reopen? Then I won't miss tap on and off so much
reopen

Some one recommended Screen Lock Pro

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.iglint.android.screenlockpro&token=ftl3kaqI

However it is not free. You can download it & try it. If you don't like & cancel your purchase within 30 minutes, you are refunded.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I have been using third party phone lockers with my previous Note 2. I tried them on my V20 and as you said they prevented the fingerprint sensor from working and the PIN code should be entered.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

The screen is not sensitive to all types of taps

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't find an widget that shuts off screen yet allows fingerprint to reopen. I have to use my pin. Anybody know a screen off widget that allows fingerprint to reopen? Then I won't miss tap on and off so much
I doubt you'll find this as an option, at least not without rooting and other changes. I'm pretty sure this is a baked in function of the V20 that using any third party screen off app requires a pin to unlock it again.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Nova has its own double tap. I never used to mind entering the pin but now. I'm spoiled. The fingerprint sensor is flawless. Still would love a. side mounted power button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz