Why has Android installed facebook on my Phone after the latest update

Sk747

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,

After the latest android update my Phone has the facebook app installed and I dont know why. I tried to figure out how and I think I have found it but I need confirmation. I downloaded a copy log from *#9900# and checked the PRELoadInstallerlog.txt. could somebody please confirm my suspicion please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-013233_HTML Viewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-013233_HTML Viewer.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 43

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I can't confirm your suspicion, because you didn't say what your suspicion is... But I can tell you that Samsung installed it because Facebook paid them to.

Sk747

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi again,

Sorry if I was vague in the text, English isn't my first language. What I was referring to with my suspicion was, I wanted to confirm that samsung/android by itself installed facebook on my phone. Going crazy over this because I am 100 % certain that I didn't download it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi again,

Sorry if I was vague in the text, English isn't my first language. What I was referring to with my suspicion was, I wanted to confirm that samsung/android by itself installed facebook on my phone. Going crazy over this because I am 100 % certain that I didn't download it.

Welcome to the forums and don't worry about your English. It's better than some native English speaking people.

But no, you aren't going crazy. It's not uncommon for additional bloatware apps to be installed as part of a major OS update.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi again,

They are indeed system apps.

Go to...

Settings > Apps > Your apps (small menu under Samsung app settings) > Show system apps (enable) OK > Facebook App Installer/Facebook App Manager/Facebook Services

You can then, "Disable", them.

ExFqzIEl.png

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi again,

Welcome to AC!
Majority Samsung have this pre-installed , you have the option to uninstall?

Sk747

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the welcoming!

Yes it was pre-installed and I'm quite certain I uninstalled it since I don't use any social media. But all of a sudden in reappeared after the update and I couldn't figure out why so I checked the logs and I'm no coder by any means but from what I could figure out it seems as it was added to the installation package.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-164431_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-164431_Chrome.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 31

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the welcoming!

Yes it was pre-installed and I'm quite certain I uninstalled it since I don't use any social media. But all of a sudden in reappeared after the update and I couldn't figure out why so I checked the logs and I'm no coder by any means but from what I could figure out it seems as it was added to the installation package.
Welcome!

Looks like it was preinstalled by your image but i think it was there probably before also u just didn't notice

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would not be surprised if a system update reinstalled Facebook as a preinstalled app, even if you previously uninstalled it.

levar56092

Feb 18, 2022
Visit site
It is a default app for Android devices. After every update, if you delete it, it will be installed again automatically. There is a list of apps that are preinstalled on the phone. For example, on Android, you usually get from the start all the Google apps, such as YouTube and Gmail app, Facebook and Instagram. In my opinion, this is an advantage because these are mostly social media apps that anyone uses, so when you buy a new phone, you don't need to lose time for installing them. I recently bought an iPhone for the first time in my life, and I didn't have any of these apps initially.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It is a default app for Android devices. If you delete it, after every update it will be installed again automaticaly

Welcome to Android Central! That's not entirely true -- Facebook is only preinstalled on certain devices, depending on the manufacturer and the model. If the app can be uninstalled, it shouldn't be reinstalled automatically unless there's additional preinstalled garbage that will automatically install certain apps (like T-Mobile's AppManager and AppSelector).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's not entirely true -- Facebook is only preinstalled on certain devices, depending on the manufacturer and the model. If the app can be uninstalled, it shouldn't be reinstalled automatically unless there's additional preinstalled garbage that will automatically install certain apps (like T-Mobile's AppManager and AppSelector).
That poster mentioned reinstallation happening after a system update, which is possible. Those updates can work like a soft factory reset, where they put any pre-installed bloatware that you deleted back onto the phone, along with the actual OS updates. A similar thing happened to me recently when a "security only" update included a newer version of Chrome I had been actively avoiding.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That poster mentioned reinstallation happening after a system update, which is possible. Those updates can work like a soft factory reset, where they put any pre-installed bloatware that you deleted back onto the phone, along with the actual OS updates. A similar thing happened to me recently when a "security only" update included a newer version of Chrome I had been actively avoiding.

Good point -- I thought they were referring to just the app updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad