Why has my Nexus 4 Lollipop Data Usage increased?

mattyboar81

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 4 Lollipop Data Usage Issue

Hi,

Since i rolled out lollipop onto my Nexus 4 i have used an incredible 728mb of data without me changing any settings!!! I have a 500mb limit so this is costing me a fortune.

All this extra data means i have turned all data off. It all seems to come from OS Services and Exchange Services. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this happening before i end up in the Daily Mail with a telephone bill sob story?

Thanks,
Matt.

UPDATE - For some reason my works computer won't allow me to reply to the first answer so editing the question. I definitely downloaded the update over WIFI and it wouldn't account for the 200mb download from the 2 noted services each day since. Can anyone else assist?

Last edited:

xban1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Lollipop Data Usage Issue

You downloaded the lollipop system update with the data

Posted via the Android Central App

mattyboar81

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

definitely downloaded the update over WIFI and it wouldn't account for the 200mb download from the 2 noted services each day since. Can anyone else assist?

IWANTBLUE

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

definitely downloaded the update over WIFI and it wouldn't account for the 200mb download from the 2 noted services each day since. Can anyone else assist?

Nope but. I got whacked with an £89 bill as for some reason it seems to have downloaded Lollipop and all of the updates etc on date......

As I've always had it set to use WiFi from the get go I have no idea how its happened and I'm seething to say the least....
Although research suggests lollipop has a great new feature that automatically switches to data if you lose WiFi....so this could "potentially" explain the post lollipop data usage????

IWANTBLUE

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Any luck Matty ???
I currently have data turned off as I'm clawing thru it gonna have to up my Account :(