Why is my battery doing this?

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I had battery widget reborn installed https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...et.hubalek.android.reborn.beta&token=LKiBGN_N to make WiFi sleep and save battery, that's why there are gaps in Wi-Fi. I thought that might have caused my erratic battery reporting but uninstalling didn't do anything. At some point it just goes flat and won't report anymore, I have to reboot.

Of course it continues to shut down when I plug it into power. :-\

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-28-18-47-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-28-18-47-05.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 20

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
There may be a problem with your battery, or a bad kernel/ROM flash if you're running a custom configuration. If the latter is the case, I'd recommend doing a full wipe/reset, re-downloading, and re-flashing. Otherwise, all I can recommend is letting the battery truly deplete fully, and then charging it completely if possible. That may reset the battery reading.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "it continues to shut down when I plug it into power." Are you saying that the tablet doesn't recognize that it's being charged, and shuts down when the battery level drops too low?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

After reading through that thread, and seeing this post, all I can really recommend is getting in touch with Google about getting it replaced. It sounds like a defective device to me. Tell them you experienced the issue early on, but it went away for a while and so you didn't seek a replacement at that time.

I have two Nexus 10's and neither have experienced any issues similar to this.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I check my battery readings a lot and have never seen anything like that so I'll 2nd the notion that yours is defective. Should be a quick-fix to get it replaced.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon