Why is my battery draining so fast on my new p20 lite

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Okay. So I'm super annoyed with the fact that I bought a hauwei P20 lite last week, thinking that it's battery would be really amazing. I can literally watch my battery drain like a count down timer while in use, dropping by 1% every few minutes. My old Samsung of 2 years did the same hence I upgraded. Even with saving mode on I often get a 5 hour battery life, and it's even less if games are played. Bluetooth and wifi remains off, brightness is always on low, screen resolution remains on smart and when checking hardware under battery usage I see nothing draining my battery but the screen.

Whether I'm on social media, you tube or just browsing the battery drains way faster then expected. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

topesz

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi
Did you fix your issue? I just got a new P20 lite and it seems to me that my battery is draining fast as well or is it normal to lose power in only 5-6h (SOT+internet)?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Did you fix your issue? I just got a new P20 lite and it seems to me that my battery is draining fast as well or is it normal to lose power in only 5-6h (SOT+internet)?
Welcome.

You are addressing thin air, because the OP has not registered and responded to @B. Diddy's reply.
We have no P20 Lite forum to which I could move this, but 5-6h from any phone sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smit007