Why is my Samsung S4 Mini unable to do Smart-tv Screen Mirroring?

JanCan

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Samsung S4 Mini - new Samsung Smart-tv Screen Mirroring Problem

My Samsung S4 mini (4.4.2) can not mirror the screen to my Samsung Smart tv. Everything was ok a few days ago, but not now... Tv says "Screen Mirroring: Connecting to xxx", then black screen about 20 sec with message "Loading" at the top right corner => The message "Screen Mirroring: Screen Mirroring has ended" appears in the upper left corner of the TV-set screen.

Is the Android 4.4.2 quilty?!?!!

Please, help!

UPDATE: S4 Mini overheat and battery drain after Update NK1 and several other problems; connections etc. :(

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 Mini - new Samsung Smart-tv Screen Mirroring Problem

The last phone I had that could mirror to my Samsung smart TV was my Note 2. My Note 3 and S5 wouldn't do it and I didn't pursue it at all. I'll have to try it with my Note 4.

from the IV✒

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

The last phone I had that could mirror to my Samsung smart TV was my Note 2. My Note 3 and S5 wouldn't do it and I didn't pursue it at all. I'll have to try it with my Note 4.

from the IV✒
Haalcyon: have you tried a Chromecast to mirror your screen? This is just a guess; no idea if it will work. It works for the Nexus 5, but not my M8....go figure.

From an AOSP M8

Sheebs1

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

Hi Guys, Im having exactly the same problem with my brand new 2014 samsung tv and can't seem to find any help anywhere. Did you manage to resolve this? I'm assuming it'd due to the Android update?? Any info much appreciated - Thanks.
"My Samsung S4 mini (4.4.2) can not mirror the screen to my Samsung Smart tv. Everything was ok a few days ago, but not now... Tv says "Screen Mirroring: Connecting to xxx", then black screen about 20 sec with message "Loading" at the top right corner => The message "Screen Mirroring: Screen Mirroring has ended" appears in the upper left corner of the TV-set screen. "

Olivier S4 mini

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here.

I cannot mirror my S4 mini (i9195) Android 4.4.2 I9195XXUCNK1 to a samsung 2014 TV (UE55HU7500 with latest 1027 firmware).

Same problem on a UE32H5500 TV with latest firmware.

Those two TV can mirror a S3 or a S4 phone without any problem.

My S4 mini can be mirrored on a Netgear Miracast PTV3000 box.

So i think that there is a problem to solve for Samsung on the screen mirroring driver or in the TV firmwares.

If i install the Allsharecast dongle sw update on the S4 mini, it becomes very hot and battery becomes empty very fast... More the update does not solve the connection problem.

Hopefully this will be corrected in a couple days. I'm tired to wait for this to work.

Last, the screen mirroring feature needs a photo mode where picture quality is better. Actually the picture quality is disastrous...

Samsung please wake up...

johnnybb20001

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem.

4 months ago, I had a working Samsung Gal 4s Mini and bought a Samsumg Smart TV on the basis of functionality between the two. New phone - newTV... Screen Mirroring.... Happy Days - it all worked great; without any late nights or Google research, everything worked as it should.

I then upgraded my Galaxy OS... Well, what d'ya know.... I have gone backward in time like Marty in Back to the Future... Nothing works now! BRILLIANT and a very sarcastic "Thank you" to the beloved Samsung for screwing with my head - I have spend hours and hours, over the course of weeks and weeks trying to work this sh1t out! B**stards.... I have even been late for work because I have lost so much sleep over this!

So, I am a techie therefore, will not give up.... Probably my downfall BUT, SAMSUNG.... WOULD YOU BE A DARLING AND PERHAPS COMMENT ON THIS.... ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET COS WE ARE RATHER P!SSED NOW.

Much Luv...

John "the determined tech Insomniac"....

mcambron

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey John!

I"ve found a signe thread where "Samsung" replies to this issue. It's in Italian and I'm following it using google translate. Search for

"Rif.: s4 mini problemi screen mirroring" (My account doesn't allow me to post a direct link)

Problem is, after repeating the same thing for months "The issue has been sent to our technical department for analysis", the guy now says it should be fixed with some update. No update here and the Italians on the forum don't seem to agree on it working.

Keep us posted.

Michael

johnnybb20001

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the response Michael... Not sure whether there is a fix or whether I am just reading a whole heap of abuse to Samsung - which was fun but, nothing doing by the looks of it. I will subscribe to the group and see if anything doing. Thanks again.

John

EK5Matt

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same problem like the rest of you. Had the update to 4.4.2 in December and since then could not screen mirror onto my LG smart tv.
Since then I've tried every thing to no avail. Only after reading this thread did I think of seeing if there was an update to allshare dongle s/w to fix the problem.
however I foud out the samsung link or mirror link had replaced allshare cast dongle, so went to settings and uninstalled and disabled samsung link and hey presto I can now screen mirror to my LG smart tv.
Hope it works for all of you.

Matt

MiniMinx

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had the exact same issue with screen mirroring from my S4 Mini, it used to work perfectly, then after the update it says it's connecting, then doesn't. I tried re-setting my phone back to factory and all sorts. In the end I sent my phone off to Samsung and was told this was an issue caused by the previous update (along with the overheating and battery drain), but so far they had not found a work around (or couldn't be bothered to), so if anyone now has a fix for this i'd be really interested to know.

swallow34

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
SOLVED:
Today I loaded a technical update (OTA): I9195XXUCPA1 and it fixed the screen mirroring issue for me (security patch 2016-02-01).
The complete build number is KOTH49H.I9195XXUCPA1.
I still have Android 4.4.2.

Cheers!:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause