Why is the Samsung keyboard so illiterate

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Couple days in, haven't got to play with everything yet but should get a lot of play time today😁 one thing's for sure.. the keyboard is still awful. I thought after all this time it would be better or different... how can they do such amazing things and totally bomb on this lol.. Guess it's back to Gboard unless anyone has better suggestions

What's wrong with the keyboard? I've been using it for years. I did disabled auto correction.

z0ove

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
SwiftKey user here for 10 long years. The best keyboard ever, prediction is outstanding, themed, resizable, detachable, ajustable vibration force, etc, etc, etc... If you add an account it can save and sincronize all your personalized dictionary and restore it anytime, etc, etc, etc...

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey user here for 10 long years. The best keyboard ever, prediction is outstanding, themed, resizable, detachable, ajustable vibration force, etc, etc, etc... If you add an account it can save and sincronize all your personalized dictionary and restore it anytime, etc, etc, etc...
10 years? I've used it for maybe 6years. Started a year after it was released on the Android Market.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
10 years? I've used it for maybe 6years. Started a year after it was released on the Android Market.
Yep. I believe the first phone I used it on was the original Motorola Droid. I've used it on every phone since. I do like to use Gboard now as well though. Can't go wrong with either.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Another thing about SwiftKey is how good it is in multiple languages so if you're multilingual it's another plus

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Another thing about SwiftKey is how good it is in multiple languages so if you're multilingual it's another plus

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I believe the first phone I used it on was the original Motorola Droid. I've used it on every phone since. I do like to use Gboard now as well though. Can't go wrong with either.
I think your time frame is about 3 years off. Happens to me a lot. Thinking I've been using something longer than I have.

Unless of course you're one of the developers...
ab4ceb7ee3da1932aa77a9b050f9761f.jpg

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think your time frame is about 3 years off. Happens to me a lot. Thinking I've been using something longer than I have.

Unless of course you're one of the developers... //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171118/ab4ceb7ee3da1932aa77a9b050f9761f.jpg
Motorola Droid was released in 2009. I got mine in 2010 which is the same year Swiftkey came out. Lines up perfect.

Maybe you misunderstood my post. I wasn't trying to say I used it 10 years. I was agreeing with you that it had not been out for 10 years.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I recently went with the stock, after using both G-board and Swift. It's a tough process, but it seems to learn. I'm, going to stick out for a month and see if I'm happy or not.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Motorola Droid was released in 2009. I got mine in 2010 which is the same year Swiftkey came out. Lines up perfect.

Maybe you misunderstood my post. I wasn't trying to say I used it 10 years. I was agreeing with you that it had not been out for 10 years.
Oh okay. I guess I misunderstood.

On another note, I find the voice recognition on Swiftkey keyboard to be excellent as an alternative to typing. It's what I'm using to post this comment right now.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

On another note, I find the voice recognition on Swiftkey keyboard to be excellent as an alternative to typing. It's what I'm using to post this comment right now.

Since you're using voice recognition on Swiftkey, can you tell me if it auto-punctuates? I get tired of saying "period", "comma", "exclamation mark", etc.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

No worries. I can see where my post could be misunderstood.

Voice recognition is good on Swiftkey. I use it quite a bit as well. It utilizes Google Voice so it should be as good as it is on Google's own apps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disappointer