Why is there only a line on my notifications bar on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1?

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
On the left of my clock, i usually get small icons that appear when I've received a message, Whatsapp or Snapchat. But then one day a solid horizontal line just appeared on the left of the clock, and now no icons, or notifications appear on the notifications bar. The battery life, internet strength, wifi signal and clock are still there. I don't know how to remove this horizontal line, and restore the icons that would normally appear when a message is received. Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-02-08-36-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-08-36-09.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 13

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is it there all the time or does it show up in lieu of the icons you used to get?

If it's always there put on a full screen video and see the pixels are dead. Change your os theme and see if use of a different appearance resets off changes this area.

If replacing the icons check you apps icon settings and change the icon. It may be a bad icon for your device, since devs try to paint with the broadest brush possible it could be a visibility issue.

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
But no icons anymore? Not even with the line through them, like they are both trying to display?

This has me miffed. What I want to do is the same thing customer no service will probably suggest, factory reset.

Before that try clearing all of your OS apps or just all of them.

Turn off fast boot and restart your phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
The only icon that still appears besides the battery life, internet, and clock, is the icon that shows when I'm using the keyboard. The appears on the left of the line.

This prob
Em has happened to me before and it lasted for about 5 months. Then the line disappeared and my usual icons came back. And now the line is back.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-03-07-10-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-03-07-10-21.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 6

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The only other thing I've been able to think of is an app of some kind. If it is app related you might be able to find it by going into your app manager and start force closing apps in the "running" list. The only way this wouldn't work, if app related, would be if the app is one that restarts its self automatically. Though you may see it turn off for a second or so while it restarts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38