Why isn't my Nexus 7 screen working after updating Lollipop?

morelloja

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 7 screen not working after updating Lollipop

Hi All,

Yesterday we had update our Nexus 7 device with Lollipop 5.0. It took long time to download and after that, the system asked for restart, everything seems to work properly until the device had to start again.

The problem now is that the device is not working at all! Even try to go on recovery mode and the device goes to the recovery screen, whenever you select the Recovery mode options, then screen goes completely blank, again...

The issue is that the screen seems not working anymore, whenever you press the on button, you will see the google logo and after that, the blank screen again. This keeps happening all the time. Is no possibility to go further then google logo main screen.

I had changed the screen because the original was broken time ago and seems everything was working properly until yesterday actualization. At this moment I´m afraid that Android Lollipop OS system doesn´t support the current screen device as was not possible to buy the original one here in The Netherlands.

Somebody can advice on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 screen not working after updating Lollipop

Well...

I have this same issue here in the States.... It starts up with the Google logo and then blank....

If I go into recovery, it basically tells me that I have no bootloader.... So, it appears that Lolly has wiped out my system....

I can't even get into it through ADB.... So, I think I'm hosed and I'm sure that Asus isn't going to help me...