Why isn't my Xperia E4g charging?

A

AC Question

Xperia E4g not charging...

I have a red light on when I connect the phone with the charger and on the screen I have picture with red (meaning empty?) battery. Sometimes I get a lighting bolt above the battery icon, sometimes I don't. But it's not charging in any way - after few hours of charging, the red light is still on and battery still looks to be empty. The phone seems to be stuck on some kind of bootloop : it tries to start, I have the sony animation, then I have the picture of empty battery. After some time, again it tries to start only to end at the same battery screen. What is wrong and can I fix it?

Robyn Castles

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for almost 2 months now and have only been able to use it for maybe a total of 4 days. I have the exact same problem.
I tried USB to Wall, USB to PC - which leads to a constant connect/disconnect tone, I tried different chargers - nothing works! I was getting the Sony animation but that's stopped too. Now all I get is a battery with the lightning bolt or a charge icon showing 0% charge over the space of two hours and it never increases.

When it did fully charge, a once off occurrence, and I needed to charge it again when it hit 23%, the charge decreased instead of increasing. It's a fantastic phone when it's actually on, but this charging problem is really starting to change my opinion.

raliavhegwa

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
i end up returning tjhe phone to Vodacom repair which it took 3 weeks approximately.now they gave me a new xperia e4g .its manufactures defects

Max40

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I've had mine for almost 2 months now and have only been able to use it for maybe a total of 4 days. I have the exact same problem.
I tried USB to Wall, USB to PC - which leads to a constant connect/disconnect tone, I tried different chargers - nothing works! I was getting the Sony animation but that's stopped too. Now all I get is a battery with the lightning bolt or a charge icon showing 0% charge over the space of two hours and it never increases.

When it did fully charge, a once off occurrence, and I needed to charge it again when it hit 23%, the charge decreased instead of increasing. It's a fantastic phone when it's actually on, but this charging problem is really starting to change my opinion.

Look how this guy fix problem with bad battery in this link sony-xperia-e4g-battery-problem
Maybe this will help to other ppl with this problem.