Why Limited Case Choices?

DanCLE#AC

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Droid Bionic since the day it came out. Coming from the iPhone 3GS I have been VERY happy with my Android device. I'm just wondering why it seems there are really not too many case choices for the Bionic. I have a very simple and cheap silicone case which is pretty flimsy. I don't need anything like the OtterBox but I'm wondering where the $25-$35 cases are. They seem non-existent. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

LrdAnkh#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
My speculation is that the phone was so late in getting here and that specs may have changed enough that manufacturers did not have a chance to develop specifically for the extended battery. If you search on the net you will find that there are plenty of cases for the standard battery.

Reactions: DanCLE#AC

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Charging backs seldom have mainstream cases. There are actually quite a few case options. Check out the accessories sub-forum. Seidio just released the Active version of their line too.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Droid Bionic since the day it came out. Coming from the iPhone 3GS I have been VERY happy with my Android device. I'm just wondering why it seems there are really not too many case choices for the Bionic. I have a very simple and cheap silicone case which is pretty flimsy. I don't need anything like the OtterBox but I'm wondering where the $25-$35 cases are. They seem non-existent. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

See, you came from an iPhone, where you can buy cases from the dollar store in some towns. That is why it seems that there are almost no cases. Every device except iPhones are like that.

DanCLE#AC

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
See, you came from an iPhone, where you can buy cases from the dollar store in some towns. That is why it seems that there are almost no cases. Every device except iPhones are like that.

You're absolutely right! Never really thought of this. LOL I was able to get cases from just about everywhere for the iPhone.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Check out Amazon for TPU cases. There are a wide variety of colors and they are very nice. Some even have the Lloyd logo as a same-color subtle pattern. Non-sticky surface, not bulky, cover all buttons, good protection for drop, look nice, inexpensive. I bought four different colors for $15.

Also, I got an Incipio Feather case ($20) that I LOVE. It doesn't provlde the protection the TPUs do, but it is REALLY good looking, very thin, but solid, covers back, sides and corners - not top and bottom fully. But it is NICE!

However, all these are for standard battery. Two available for extendeds - Vz's case/holster combo and another (there's a link in another thread) - both black.

djpetrou

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
How about feedback on cases that actually fit the docks.
It is so ridiculous to me that they really made very little room for protection with the insert.
Personally I'd like to wrap my Bionic in a Defender and put it in my docks!

rpk717

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a case at the Verizon store the first day of release that came with a holster, fit the extended battery and had a kickstand to boot. Can't remember the brand but works great.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Cruzerlite makes awesome TPU cases. I bought four different colors via Amazon for about $20 and they have a PERFECT fit over the stock battery. I mean these cases are a second skin to the Bionic - pure qualiaty in every respect. I've had TPU cases on other devices previously, but these are very impressive.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes. All the ones I got are "androidified." Had the arguyle (sp?) pattern on othe rcases in the past and am tired of it. The Androidified pattern is pretty cool.

However, I have to add here that I'm having trouble with speaker phone conversations where the people I'm calling say I sound like I'm in a "tin can." Took the case off and they said I sounded "normal." Not sure of the connection - never had that problem before with TPU cases. But, just tossing this out...

Mlamp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the dark silicon case from the Verizon store. After removing the insert in the bedside dock and also in the car dock it fits. Though with the car dock you have to press it in very firmly for the usb connection work. Overall, I'm happy I have a case that works with the stock Motorola docks.

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an Incipio model for my bionic. They have two models actually, feather and one that is not called the feather. The other model has two versions. One that will cover the LED and one that does not. Make sure you get the one you want.
On the other hand I did get the one that covered my LED's, I got in touch with incipio and they sent me a brand new one that didn't cover it for no charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson