Why my phone repeatedly sends the same text message multiple times?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an Alcatel Idol 4 and it is only just over a year old and is have texting issues. At first my friends would tell me or ask why I sent them the same message around 4 times even though on my phone I says it sent it once. Recently it has gone insane! It repeatedly sent the same message 48times to someone! It also messaged some over 70times 4 sentences I sent in separate texts in a span of 6 hours. With bursts of 3 the same or 4 the same. I even shut my phone off to try and stop it and an hour after I turned it on and it sent about 3 more repeated messages to that person again. I have tried to factory reset my phone, use an anti virus software to clean it and still nothing.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an Alcatel Idol 4 and it is only just over a year old and is have texting issues. At first my friends would tell me or ask why I sent them the same message around 4 times even though on my phone I says it sent it once. Recently it has gone insane! It repeatedly sent the same message 48times to someone! It also messaged some over 70times 4 sentences I sent in separate texts in a span of 6 hours. With bursts of 3 the same or 4 the same. I even shut my phone off to try and stop it and an hour after I turned it on and it sent about 3 more repeated messages to that person again. I have tried to factory reset my phone, use an anti virus software to clean it and still nothing.
Who is your carrier?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A call to your carrier might be in order also, maybe something is messed up on THERE end. I had an issue once where no text messages of mine were getting through to the other person. It turns out some switch was made in my profile to block messaging, and T-Mobile, my carrier had to fix it. So worth a shot asking Virgin for help. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This kind of thing seems to happen every now and then on a lot of carriers. I have T-Mobile, and I occasionally get duplicate texts from people who are on different carriers. Not sure why this happens, but it's not necessarily a problem with your phone.