Why Samsung Didn't Go with a Metal Case

hitlistbombshell

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
i think they could if they wanted to... even with this design.

they can just make back covers in stamped aluminum. one sheet stamped with a ton of back covers and polish and viola. i think samsung is just cheap.

Sammy just feels like using the ca$h on marketing. But that strategy's certainly helping them.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to add my 2 cents: I don't see why everyone wants Samsung to use mental in their phones. Seems like every Android user hates and bashes Apple, yet wants every flagship Android phone to use the same materials that the iPhone uses. Seems like everyone wants Samsung to follow the industry and go metal. I happen to like how their phones feel. I also happen to love the fact that I can open it up, change the sd card, and battery when I want.

Deleted

Sent from my Note 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If Samsung ever decides to make a metal case, I just hope it's not aluminum. It's too soft and easy to scratch. Its main advantage is ease of machining or extruding and it has no real strength to weight advantage over steel.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=268504
Just how much plastic is there?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=268370
Just held the HTC one in the store

Sounds like some people aren't as impressed after all. There would be plenty of hard core htc fans raving about how great the phone is even if it got shipped to them in two pieces just so they don't have to back down, but I think comments like these may be a sign of things to come

Sent from my Note 2

1) It isn't HTCs fault if people don't pay attention to what they say. Just like it wouldn't be samsungs fault if people assumed the S4 had a feature it doesn't.

2) When we start seeing those complaints from people that bought the phone we'll talk. Even in that thread, many of those posters assumed the plastic would feel one way, and were surprised when it didn't. Not a defect of the phone, just an issue with their expectations.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
1) It isn't HTCs fault if people don't pay attention to what they say. Just like it wouldn't be samsungs fault if people assumed the S4 had a feature it doesn't.

2) When we start seeing those complaints from people that bought the phone we'll talk. Even in that thread, many of those posters assumed the plastic would feel one way, and were surprised when it didn't. Not a defect of the phone, just an issue with their expectations.

The point is it's all been expectations. People are hyping it up like crazy and is winning polls and most people don't even have it. And now that people are actually touching and feeling them they are starting to come down to earth. It's a real thing now flaws and all and not just this idea of a prefect phone.

Sent from my Note 2

tylor thomlinson

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Why does no one talk about the obvious temperature issues with a metal case too. They get to hot in hot. And running a phone with a metal case in real winter.... well.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Why does no one talk about the obvious temperature issues with a metal case too. They get to hot in hot. And running a phone with a metal case in real winter.... well.

Well I have had an aluminum HTC body phone it did get hot but no t too hot but plastic gets warm as well no material is impervious to this but it would be more expensive I can guarantee you that and also why should they get rid of over 400,000,000 dollars of injection molding industrial equipment to get an army of of cnc machines and go through all of those bits and buffing grit papers or tumbling stones to polish it?? Which will have to be milled out of solid metal??? Obviously most of 6 of never worked with metal.. it's not easy it's dirty and expensive easily it can cost over 800,000,000 plus to get the machinery then there's long term oil milling supplies when they can keep what they have then simply make quick cast mold and inject it and keep production rolling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app