Why So Little Known?

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems that Moto has taken some hints from the Cupertino guys on keeping their upcoming releases quiet

Even Cupertino comes out with info 2-3 weeks before launch. I hope this doesnt mean launch is closer to the end of August.

I can't believe Motorola hasn't even announced the changes they're making for the Summer release. They spent no time releasing the Etna for all it was worth at CES.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Even Cupertino comes out with info 2-3 weeks before launch. I hope this doesnt mean launch is closer to the end of August.

I can't believe Motorola hasn't even announced the changes they're making for the Summer release. They spent no time releasing the Etna for all it was worth at CES.

That might be true about the Etna, but for all intents and purposes it's a "3G" technology phone, which as been around for a while and mostly had all it's kinks worked out by now. It's mostly like that the issues had to do with the LTE since it's new technology and they wanted to make sure that they had as many of the issues ironed out ahead of time as they could. I really think there was something to say about Moto deciding to start making their own silicone for the LTE chips, sounds like whatever they had originally planned to use may not have been up to the standard they wanted.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Because speculation and not knowing build more hype and sometimes desire for a product.

captjimbo

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It's been rumored that the Bionic is the Verizon version of the Photon for Sprint. We're likely to see the same features, and slightly different physical features.

It's just amazing that they have already given the specs on the Photon, but not the Bionic.:confused:
The comment regarding the Photon makes for interesting speculation. The Photon is scheduled for release on 7/31. This is right at the same time as the rumored 8/4 Bionic release. Will there be two high end and SIMILIAR Moto phones released at the same time? Will Verizon release the Bionic to beat out Sprint? I guess we will find out!

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The more info they give on the bionic, the more people will be willing to wait and skip on the D3. I'm not surprised they've been quite. I imagine we'll get a little something next week.

As for problems with the device, I'm guessing no. They've had waaaay too much time to perfect this thing to have any major problems at this point.

I think Moto and Verizon are masters at what they do - D3 just came out and both want it to sell well so they must keep a lid on the Bionic. Now they are different phones (slider vs touch, 3G vs LTE, Global vs Not) attracting a somewhat different customer, but the are also similiar in key areas (Dual-Core TI processor, qHD screen, Gingerbread, new 3D type Blur). By letting reviewers play with the D3, we get a taste of the workings of the Bionic, making us want it even more so. From the several videos the testers seem to love the new Blur, the 3D effects, the smoothness and speed of the 2.3, etc.; by looking that the 3D we can get a good idea about how the Bionic will work. They sell D3's and wet our appetite for the Bionic all at the same time.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
2 reasons as to why soo little information leaked so far:

1. The specs are SO underwhelming, they arent worth risking a job to tell anybody

2. The specs are SO GOOD, and so few people know, the risk is too high to tell anybody.

Im siding with option 1

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

1. The specs are SO underwhelming, they arent worth risking a job to tell anybody

2. The specs are SO GOOD, and so few people know, the risk is too high to tell anybody.

Im siding with option 1

Since when did a Dual core LTE phone with 1 gig of Ram get classified as Underwhelming?

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the case is, Dual core, 1gb of RAM and LTE was overwhelming back in January, that those specs these days are already lost to phones like the Atrix and Evo 3d, Sensation, Photon, etc. And the Bionic was delayed for 4 months for what... an extra stick of RAM to match the Atrix?

The only saving option on this phone is Verizon's LTE service. Which is awesome. But the specs are not really overwhelming anymore.

This originally was the most overwhelming phone, but now there are many equals out there if not better phones (MINUS THE LTE). Thus if they release another Photon or Atrix, call it a Bionic, it's just another dual core phone with a neato burrito service.

Still in the end it's gonna be a kickass phone that will last long through your 2 year contract. It's just the specs aren't so overwhelming anymore, so why be so hush hush?

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Im siding with option 1

If my "underwhelming" you mean that it's not all that different (other than LTE) than some of the other new phones coming out, then maybe I'd give you that one. But if it's specs were really so close to other stuff being released around this time, wouldn't it stand to reason there would be more leaked info/pics about it?? The D3 really isn't all that much different spec wise as far as the internals go, and to me it seemed like there was a fair amount of "leaked" info regarding the D3 prior to its official announcement, at least as far as pics and such go.

So maybe there's something to be said about the lack of leaks being more in line with your number 2 theory. At least that's what I'm hoping for!! :D

Nothing2Lose

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
One of my old friends works for moto and tests phones out. He is not talking. He would with other phones but not this one for some reason. He did give me an interesting comment. He said "don't hold your breath". Whatever that means. He won't elaborate on that. So take it for what you will.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
One of my old friends works for moto and tests phones out. He is not talking. He would with other phones but not this one for some reason. He did give me an interesting comment. He said "don't hold your breath". Whatever that means. He won't elaborate on that. So take it for what you will.

Obviously it means with all the delays you would be dead by now lol
/s

dantztiludrop

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

How long ago was it that he said, "don't hold your breath"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones