Why the Mate 9 is severely underrated

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Been saying that for long time, if the mate 9 had better low light performance, and IP68 rating, you wouldn't upgrade for years.... Heck even now all new phones are not attractive anymore

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I have an S8+ I got on JUMP ON DEMAND that I'll eventually turn in for the Note 8, LG V30 or Pixel XL2 - meanwhile, after using the S8+ for a couple of months, I had to go back to my Mate 9.

I just love how it handles, how it feels in the hand, how it performs, the battery life, the super fast FPS, etc. My S8+, I mostly use for GPS, as I have two lines.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Reading the positives from the blog plus from you guys really makes me want to pick up a mate 9!

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Bought purely for radio reception, as my Axon 7 struggled to get any data at work. The Mate 9 whilst not the quickest still holds a data connection. Been pleasantly surprised how good the phone is. Only the screen and obviously audio are superior on the Axon 7.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Bought purely for radio reception, as my Axon 7 struggled to get any data at work. The Mate 9 whilst not the quickest still holds a data connection. Been pleasantly surprised how good the phone is. Only the screen and obviously audio are superior on the Axon 7.

Interesting that you mention the screen. Just curious how the screen is better on the axon 7?

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong the Mate 9 screen is excellent but the amoled on the Axon is only second to the Samsung screens imo.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong the Mate 9 screen is excellent but the amoled on the Axon is only second to the Samsung screens imo.

Cool beans, thanks for shedding some light on this. Hopefully it won't be a problem when I get it.

JohnMcL7

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm struggling to find what to replace my Note 4 with and I've seen a few recommendations for the Mate 9 which I don't quite get but that's probably because it's on a limited release in the UK with a standard price of around $800. Even a grey import is over £400 although not keen on spending that much money on something with no warranty.

If anyone is aware of a good price for the Mate 9 in the UK or Europe, I'd definitely be interested.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If they ever make a Verizon model I will try it. That's the big weakness imo along with the camera. I take mostly low light shots indoors without flash.