Why when I turn my emails synchro off it remains in manual mode

A

AC Question

I just bought an LG V20, I had a Galaxy Note 3, and I use to turn off some email business accounts on the weekend.
I have tried to turn the syncro off, and it stays manual, no way to turn the email account completely off.
The problem is I can't use the peak time hours set up, because I need to set it up in different days and different hours, and the phone does not let me do it. I can only choose the days, but the hours I choose should be the same for all days chosen, which is not working for me. I need some emails account completely off on Fridays at afternoon, but on Saturdays since 12AM. So unless I could choose a different peak time for each day, I can't do it.
I use to have an old Note 3, (Still have it), where I just turn syncro off, and no emails would be shown, no matter what.
In this phone (I guess is the droid 7 system), even if the email account syncro is off, if I go to the emails app screen to check other accounts I need to stay on during the weekends, I could get the other emails accounts if I accidentally pull down for an update, which is how you manually get the emails on this droid 7, even if the syncro is off.
I tried installing at least 15 different email apps, and it happens the same with all of them.
Please help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
no way to turn the email account completely off.
No, there isn't. The choices are timed polling (the phone checks with the server every X minutes) and push (the server sends emails as it gets them). That's just how email works. If you want it off, and you can't find some email program that has a "don't receive emails at all" checkbox, freeze the email app on weekends. (This is supposed to be a connected world, so we're supposed to stay connected 24/7. Don't blame me - I'd write an "off" function if I were writing a cellphone email app.)

Gustavos68

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.
I had to turn all syncro off, and wasn't that bad. No emails at all, nice and quiet weekends.
Besides this, I can't find the way to make the push notifications work.
When I go to set up the email account, all I have is the sync time period to manual, and from 5 min til 8 hours, but there's no push notifications mode.
This way is not worth, since every 5 min the phone has to check the mail, even when is nothing in the inbox.
Do you know if there's a way to leave the push notification as they come to each account?

Gustavos68

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
The phone uses IMAP, and not only the push notifications don't exist, but also even when the email app is set up to check the accounts ewvery 5 minutes, 24/7, sometimes it pass by more then one hour without checking.
I contected LG customer service, and they only know how to copy and paste texts given as a solution for customers questions.
"Reset your phone and try", as if we have the time to start all over and see which app is the one they say must be screwing up their useless email app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej