Why will my Galaxy S4 allow me to SIM Unlock?

SwampDonky910

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Why will my galaxy s4 not allow me to SIM Unlock

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 model SCH-1545 android version 5.0.1
I used the straight talk bring your own phone plan and now I can make and receive calls but cannot connect to mobile data. I purchased and unlock code but the phone never prompts me for it. I have taken the sim in and out, tried using the "magic numbers" in the dial pad and even put the phone in developer mode to no avail. I also cannot change the APN settings at all. It just shows VZWINTERNET. I cannot alter the current settings or create any new settings, all of those options are greyed out and cannot be selected. somebody please help me. I thank you all in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why will my galaxy s4 not allow me to SIM Unlock

I purchased and unlock code but the phone never prompts me for it
That means 1 of 2 things - the phone is locked to the carrier the SIM is from (and for a Straight Talk Verizon phone, that would be Verizon) or it's not locked. In the case of Verizon, it's not locked.

I also cannot change the APN settings at all. It just shows VZWINTERNET.
That's the problem. You have to change the settings (or create a new APN) with Straight Talk's settings. If flashing a stock ROM won't allow you to do that, I suspect a hardware problem.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why will my galaxy s4 not allow me to SIM Unlock

Well, ask for a refund on your code because VZW phones are already unlocked, that is why it does not prompt you for the network unlock code.

As for editing the APN, just create a new one with Straight Talk's settings and voila!