Why won't my S5 stay connected to wifi?

slk-merc

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, wont stay connected to my home wi-fi, finding this really frustrating. I have read all of the posts and tired various suggestions but to no avail, turning off smart switch, re-boot, etc. The only one I haven't tried is turning off the Macfee security, where do I find this please as I can't find wi-fi security? Thank s very much

catlyn2

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: My S5 won't stay connected to wifi.

I have a Galaxy S5 and I cannot manually turn my WiFi on. Not from the toolbar, and not from Settings. What do I do? ]

dgmenace73

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I've never had a problem connecting to my home wifi, everything was working fine on Friday, I left the house, went to my girlfriends and my phone connected to her wifi without a problem as usual. I returned home on Saturday and my S5 failed to connect to my wifi, I connected it manually and it connects and disconnects almost instantly. I have 5 other devices including a samsung galaxy note 4 in the house which all work perfectly fine. I've tired switching the router off and on again and that makes no difference, I removed the phone battery for 5 minutes and it then connects to the wifi for about 5-10 seconds then again disconnects, I have no idea what else I can try....

Check out my replies to the S5 wifi problems. Basically all you have to do is UNINSTALL the UPDATES on just CHROME. FORGET wifi network then scan for it and login again...it should work. I think my reply is under dgmenace73 or Dennis Griffith user name. I hope it works for you as well. Dennis

dgmenace73

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I've tried to forget and then reconnect to the network and that doesn't work either, and my smart switch is off. I have no idea why it's all of a sudden started doing it.

Check out my replies to the S5 wifi problems. Basically all you have to do is UNINSTALL the UPDATES on just CHROME. FORGET wifi network then scan for it and login again...it should work. I think my reply is under dgmenace73 or Dennis Griffith user name. I hope it works for you as well. Dennis

dgmenace73

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem since Sunday, phone won't stay connected even though I have authorised it using the pin system. All other devices including note 2 stay connected to the home wifi, just not my galaxy s5 even though it connects at work etc. Tried resetting home wifi but same problem???

Check out my replies to the S5 wifi problems. Basically all you have to do is UNINSTALL the UPDATES on just CHROME. FORGET wifi network then scan for it and login again...it should work. I think my reply is under dgmenace73 or Dennis Griffith user name. Let me know if it worked for you as well. I hope it does. Dennis

amauriced

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I was hit with an automatic reboot that deleted all the Google Play apps on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. This update appears to have engaged a factory reset, as I also lost my homescreen, lock screen password, game progress and much more. I also lost access to my home wifi with Optimum, getting "Incorrect password" or "Authentication error occurred" messages. I changed my password for Optimum no avail. Optimum Support directed me to the network map, which indicated there is a separate password for the router. Using that, I was able to restore wifi access. Now I can start figuring out all the new stuff. I hope this helps others.

Ranchman

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Mon., July 3, 2017. Same problem with my S5 Note constantly disconnecting from wi-fi since July 1st. I don't have McAfee, Jawbone, or any new apps. Turned off SMART Switch and everything in "Advanced" window. So many having the same problem, what's going on & how can I fix it? Driving me CRAZY!!!

papafive

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
My fix:
Settings > Applications > Application Manager > "Security & Privacy" app > Storage > Manage Storage > Reset Security & Privacy? ; press OK

livingos

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
I has this problem after the last update. Seems the Peel smart remote app which I had disabled was the culprit. It still updated but it is now possible to uninstal it. the wifi connection is now stable.
I hope this helps someone, I was going crazy.

SomeGuyNamedFred

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site

1. Go to the "Security and Privacy" APP (its a Verizon app)

2. Tap three dots on top right

3. Tap Settings>Wi-Fi security>Manage Wi-Fi networks

4. Make sure your home wifi isn't blocked

Ive had this issue for months and this fixed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy